Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a Bear...right in front of us!

So Lou Lou and her family were up visiting for a few days last week and one day we decided to climb Bear's Hump in Waterton Park. It is a great little hike- 30 minutes up and 25 minutes down. At the top you can overlook the park and if you remember to bring your binoculars you can even see, according to Neal," the couple floating on a raft in the lake". Anyways, on our way down, Seth and Neal decided to go on ahead of us which is what little boys do, but Lou Lou and I were not interested in catching up with them. I am looking down at the trail so I don't lose my footing and I hear Lou Lou say, uh, there it is, the bear is right there". Uh...........OK!!! As you can see it is right off the trail eating some berries. The ranger said it was probably a cast off and that it was most likely not going to bother us. But what do you do, go past it like it isn't there? Then we realized that Neal and Seth ran right by it and didn't even know it. Maybe that was just as well. We took a little short cut from the trail and now I have a fun story and a great picture on my screen saver!

5 comments:

mama jo said...

that's amazing...good thing neal didn't see it, he would have been hunting it..

lou lou said...

That is my favorite story to tell....Guess what we saw on Bear Hump? A bear!!!
(Lee lee....we should have just been very brave and just walked on by!)

Audrey said...

Wow!! how cool. Loved your shots of the parade too. Looks like you are having a great summer.

Suz said...

Wow!

stephmodo said...

Oh my gosh...that totally freaks me out. After the deadly bear attack here a few months ago I am paranoid of these furry "friends". You are one brave mama.