Saturday, September 29, 2007

On the Road Again....

First off, I was pretty suprised that the billionaire was in the bottom two............at first. Then I got to thinking that why wouldn't he be.....he is an unknown. But I was glad to see that the model left. I don't think another week would have changed her abilities much. So I'm thinking that the millionaire goes next. Stay tuned.

Yep, Mark and I went down to Kalispell on Thursday to get another load of stuff for the house....this trip we picked up a couple of toilets, 2 pedestal sinks ( one exactly like we had in Thousand Oaks, we love it), more drywall, insulation, faucets, shower heads, a whirlpool tub, a bath tub for Michelle, 3 pocket doors....Today we have the plumber, the electrician and labor help!!! Don't ask me when we think we will move in, I am just glad we are moving forward and we are not the only ones working on the house! We are super close with the kitchen cabinets....just looking for oak wood flooring that is on the medium to darkish brown stain. Not so much red, so if any of you out there can help me out, let me know.

Anyway, we thought that if we got an early start on Thursday morning we would be able to "get everything done". I don't think so. Our many carts were pretty much all loaded when we found out about a promotion...10% off your order ( starting the following day) up to $2,000.00, so we decided to stay the night with a savings of 200$, why not. But then we learned that Lowes was having a promotion where if you opened up a credit card you would get 10% off your whole order up to $5,000.00. Well Home depot will match Lowes so I signed up for another HD credit card. Did you know that you can apply for up to 6 (six) credit cards at HD? PLUS, American Standard was having a special, if you spend $1,000.00 you get a $100 HD gift card. OK! Then there was a special with the other bath products with a $250 gift card with a purchase over $2,000.00. OK! PLUS, with the better prices in the US we saved about $3,000.00 with driving to the US. The only downside was that we wore the same clothes for two days. We stopped at Target to get a few personel items like mascara, blush, eye liner, deodorant, a comb, a small shampoo, a hair clip, hairspray and a very cheap foundation, oh and two toothbrushes. I wonder what the check out girl was thinking............?! There are some things a girl cannot live with out
.

5 comments:

Jan said...

I was fine with the model leaving 'Dancing' -- she had a long way to go. Loved the trip to Kalispell (been there many times!) -- glad you got all your stuff!! My maiden name was Erickson -- there's a lot of us still in S. Alberta.

cmeagan said...

Won't comment on your trip since you told me everything in person today.
I love the 2 new side bars that you added to your blog page.

mama jo said...

how did you have time to figure out all those discounts? you would have needed a calculator..

Marilee C said...

I had a lot of time during the three hour trip home.When you pull up 30 minutes before border closing with a 20ft trailer full of stuff, you better have your paper work and figures together!

Charlie Brown said...

Lee lee, we have red oak floors but we had them refinished in a stain color called Provincial, it's a minwax color from Home Depot. It's a very neutral combo and the floors only pull red oh so slightly but it goes with all kinds of wood furniture. Look at you shopping like crazy. How fun to pick everything you love!