Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!


I have the best husband in the whole world! Let me explain.....or maybe i don't even need to. I think you have all figured out by now that we are living our lives in a manner that we were not expecting. Does that make sense? " yah, let's to move to Canada and live in the basement of the house you grew up in with your mom upstairs, it will only be only for 6-9 months and then we will be in our new home". "Oh, and one more thing...I want all the baseboards and trim done and every single light switch cover in place". I know, you are all laughing, but that's ok, I think it is pretty ridiculous too looking back. So to my point.............I have not been on my best behavior at all times. After 26 years of marriage which means running the show of my own home pretty much, I have had difficulty living in someone elses home with someone else in it. I was telling Mark this morning that no woman should ever have to share a kitchen with another woman unless they are polygamists. Am I right? So I have had crying spells, complaining moments, and guilty feelings. And you know what? Mark still loves me! He feels bad and thinks it is all his fault. How is that for a great husband. It is not his fault, he does not need to feel bad or guilty or anything. We are in this together and that is the best part of this whole experience. What if one of us was were not on the same page? Ewe, let's not even think about it. I know he is doing everything he can and working so hard to make it happen as soon as possible. He is the hardest worker I know. Patience is a virtue? Can we just skip that virtue all together? Who thought of that word anyway? If we all cross it off "the list" then can it just go away and then we won't have to learn patience, it's just way too hard!

So in a nutshell, I am very thankful for a husband who loves me for me, no matter what because according to my kids, I am a liitle weird on top of everything else.

4 comments:

lou lou said...

We both have the best husbands in the world. Yours for you and mine for me. Happy Thanksgiving Cahoon Family!!

USAUS said...

Make that three of us have the best husband in the world... I want in on that one!!!

Seriously though after my last conversation with David I am reconsidering... he wants to know why the hand towels are in the cupboard instead of on the hanger... duh! maybe cos he left them there when he got the BIG towels...

Audrey said...

Such a cute picture of you two! I agree - A good man is definately on the list of things to be greateful for. Happy Thanksgiving Cahoons!

Suz said...

Great photo! Mark is a gem, and I know he'd do anything for you. Demand away!! jk