Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Here He Is!




Seeing your son for the first time after completing a mission is one of the best moments ever!

Brad met us at the hotel after a 3 hour bus ride and 1/2 hour taxi ride. We were all waiting with cameras in hand to capture "the moment" and here it is. It was the most wonderful moment ever. That evening was a devotional and dinner for all Elders and Sisters who were completing their mission. This is Brad with his mission president and wife, President and Sister Fraatz from Guatemala.

I have so many pictures to share so I think I will try and post a few everyday. Nicaragua is very beautiful and tropical when you get out of Managua and into the small towns. It is a very poor country but the people are happy. The living conditions are very minimal which makes you realize we all have "too much stuff".
STAY TUNED

3 comments:

mama jo said...

it was fun to see all of you...brad did a wonderful job..

Kari said...

Hi, Marilee--that was the best Sacrament Meeting (Brad's homecoming talk) I have been to in a long time. Yes, I checked your blog! Keep sending pictures, because I love seeing places I haven't been to before.

juddles said...

Hi Marilee, and family,

It is so fun to hear about all your adventures and have Brad back. sounds like a great mission. Everyone looks great. I can't believe Michelle is 17. She is gorgeous. Wish we could have been at Brad's homecoming.

I think both of us are trying to get used to frigid weather. I can't wait to see pics of your house. Keep sending them.

Lynnie's boys are growing like weeds. Zach is 10 months old and adorable. Ian is almost 3 and full of it!!!! Our little blonde bombshell.

Hope your Christmas was wonderful.

Love, Judy and Family