Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Little Michelle is 17 years old!!!


Can you even believe it? My 4th child is 17? Way too weird!

She always wants a strawberry cake and if I don't forget, which is weird I know, she gets one. I remembered this year, well, I asked her what kind of cake she wanted, and was suprised that I had to ask. I don't know what has happened to me these past 18 months........hopefully I will be back to my old self early next year. I want "me" back. Anyway, back to the strawberry cake. I live in a small town as you know and for years there was only one grocery store, IGA. There are two now, Extra Foods as well. Usually between the two I can find what I need..........pretty much, except for a simple box of strawberry of cake mix and a container of strawberry frosting. Is that too much to ask for? Apparently in Cardston it is. So I bought a cherry chip cake mix and strawberry mousse for the icing and strawberry ice cream. It was pretty and pink so all was well.


Let me think, where was I and what was I doing when I turned 17..........hmmmm...living in Hawaii going to Kaiser High School, going to the beach in Waikiki or Bellows in Waimanalo, oh and a bat girl for the high school boys baseball team. Yah that was me walking out to the home plate area picking up the bat after the hit. Sorry I don't have the picture for you. Maybe a bit weird but I did get to go to Maui for a tournament, can't beat that!

8 comments:

USAUS said...

Maybe there is a market there for the Strawberry Cakes - Happy Birthday Michelle - Beautiful photo of you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday pretty Michelle!

Anonymous said...

That was my comment about Michelle. lou lou

Suz said...

Happy Birthday Michelle. Oh--and I want the picture of The 17 year-old Bat Girl of Hawaii.

Audrey said...

Happy Birthday Michelle!!! It does make us all pause and recall what we were doing at age 17. Have fun!! and the best is still ahead.

Kari said...

No, sorry, that can't be Michelle...just her much older sister, turning 17...right??? I chuckle on the strawberry cake thing--I have one who asks for pumpkin pie each March birthday. A little easier to find those ingredients! Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

O come on now Cardston has Strawberries!!! And even if they were out of strawberries it is not the end of the world Michelle has kinda been a bad girl this year anyways she doesn't deserve strawberries! Just joking!!!!

PTR said...

Michelle, ...you're paving the way for Erica, ...and I just don't think I can accept that she will be 17 soon! Unbeleiveable!

I remember when each of you was born, way back 16/17 years ago in Thousand Oaks. Those were the good old days!