Monday, January 21, 2008

Farm Living

I never had this problem in California. All I was doing was doing a good deed....both times. First I was delivering a HUGE zuchinni to my neighbor. I planted 3 hills last summe which really means 9 plants so of course by the end of the summer I was all done with zuchinni. I wanted to throw out the over grown vegetable, but Mark does not like to waste food, which is a "farm living" thing too right? Mark and I thought we would just drive to the neighbors house, drop off the zuchinni, maybe visit for a minute and then leave. NO! They have these two annoying dogs that bark and yap and jump as soon as you drive up. So what do they do? Jump up on my car and scratch it with their "farm living" paws. Of course, the people weren't home which made me think that I got the scratches on my car for nothing. Maybe that is the wrong thought to have, but still. And then the next week the people got rid of their dogs....whatever!

So yesterday I made some of Jolyn's grandma's homemade chicken soup for a woman I visit teach. I get in my car, put on my new cute white down jacket, hop into my car (see picture) and take off to see Barb. I am feeling pretty good about my driving skills with all the snow we have had and the drifting snow as well. Barb lives a few miles from my house, but as soon as you leave the highway you are on a gravel road that is not traveled by anyone but her and her husband. So I was pretty much making my own path at times. Anyway, I pull up, see a dog, a big dog, I get out of my car with the plastic container of warm soup, and what does this dog do? Jumps on my car, scratches it some more,and jumps up on me, namely my new white down jacket. Excuse me? I made it to the door with the dog still jumping on me, Barb opens the door and I practically fall into the doorway because this big dog wants in too. No the soup didn't spill, no my coat did not get a tear in it, yes I have new scratches on the car and I am wondering two things. Can I not have a nice car in the "farm living" country and do I have to put on an old ugly jacket when I go visit people? I don't think so. I am a California girl through and through so I will drive my shiny black car and wear my cute clothes in the country!

6 comments:

mama jo said...

that's a sad story..i'm so sorry that your jacket was wrecked and your car scratched! but, hopefully, the soup worked out...

USAUS said...

ahhh the woes of the city girl -maybe Zsa Zsa could empathise. Sorry Lee Lee - I was laughing... but I do feel your pain...

Kari said...

Sorry, Marilee, I was laughing too, but THAT can be your good deed for the day because I so needed a good laugh at the moment!

Lou lou said...

Guess we are twins thru and thru. That would make me just a little mad too. Next time you see a big dog, don't even stop...just keep on driving... right out of the driveway.

Audrey said...

You are taking this better than I would! A jacket I can clean, soup - remade. But scratches on my car??? You always looked cute when you brought me your fabulous cinnamon bread! I miss that bread. and you too of course.

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

((laughing)) You write so well, I can totally hear your voice!