Monday, January 14, 2008

Getting Closer

Yea, we are at the "picking out the paint colors" stage. We are modeling our house after a model home we saw in Highland Utah which does make things like this easier. I know that these colors might not be "in" compared to what you might see on HGTV makeovers with the bright colors and funky combinations, but Mark and I have found that the classics work for us. You see these colors in the new homes being built nowdays which could be considered trendy I suppose. Maybe I should call it "trendy classic". Anyway, our kitchen cabinets are cherry with black glaze and we think these colors will go nicely.

These are the colors we are leaning towards although we need one more trim color which is "very California" to us....Swiss Coffee. It is not a true white, but pretty much white until you put it next to white. Know what I mean? We want definition between the colors, yet a monochromatic look as well.
The darker color is called Sawyers Fence in egg shell which will be on all walls and ceilings. The other color is called Sunbaked Sand 1/2 strength which we like but need to compare the Swiss Coffee that we will use for all door/window trim and 6"baseboards. We are picking up our sample tomorrow in Kalispell.

Totally off the subject, but I just found out there is a Bath and Body Works in Kalispell so hopefully I can make a mad dash to pick up my Pineapple scented soaps and lotions for every bathroom and kitchen in the house.

6 comments:

About Me said...

Looks beautiful Lee lee! I can't wait to come visit. Oh! I just invited myself! Is that okay? :)

About Me said...

that last comment was from me!

About Me said...

This is ridiculous- I keep signing in with my name and then it puts "about me". Sorry! This is Cher!

lou lou said...

Very nice!

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

Love, love, love the colors! If James ever agrees to update our home we will be modeling it after "that Canadian house".

ptr said...

Wow! Your house is going to be awesome!! Can't wait to see the finished product!