Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Now You Have Some Idea

I know that this project has taken WAY too long to complete and I don't want you to suffer any longer so here it is. This is the view from our great room. It is hard to see but it is the same view as my header picture. If you look real close you can see "old chief" through the center window. This is the view as soon as you walk in the front door. The kitchen and eating nook is to the right.
This is my favorite picture of the group. I love all the lines and angles in the ceiling and walls and look at those arches and niches'. When you walk in the front door you take a few steps and look to your right. The end of the hallway is the entrance, but not door, to our bedroom. The lit up opening to the left is the entrance to the kitchen. Directly across from the kitchen doorway is the hallway leading to the laundry room, back entryway(mudroom), door to the garage and another door leading outside. I call it the "side front door" and a small bathroom.
This is taken standing in front of my big windows in the great room. You can see the front door to the right. That is a temporary one, ours is mahogany with lots of glass in the main door, the side lights and transom above the doorway. That will go in when all the dirty work is done.The room with the arch is the formal dining room. We have never had one before so it will be something new for us. See the niche to the left of the arch? It is in a corner with a puck light up top, a plug in for a mini fountain and a switch around the corner to turn everything on and off. I have a bonsai that will fit and look perfectly in there right next to that mini fountain. Cannot wait!
This is looking to your left after taking a few steps from the front door. The opening on the left is Mark's office, the small doorway is the guest bathroom, then you see a larger opening which will have a metal banister as well as around the opening you see below. Those are the stairs to the basement. Michelle's room is at the end of the hallway opposite the bathroom and office. See the other niche above the stair opening? Love them.
If you look closely you will be able to see that this is the inside of my garage. The window was stratigically placed so that when I pull in I will be dead center to that beautiful view of the snow capped mountains.

I know what you are thinking...don't say it outloud please......I will respond to your thoughts right now......"I don't know why it has taken so long".......and "yes, we are hoping to be in before April". But all we really know at this point for sure are two things. It will be THIS year and if it isn't, we will be looking for another place to live.

8 comments:

lou lou said...

I love the pictures! My favorite one is the view in the garage. That really looks like a picture. I love it!

Audrey said...

Thanks for the tour. It is like you invited me over. I LOVE your views. They are amazing and definately worth the wait. Someday you will be sitting in your great room, looking out the window, eating a cookie and thinking, "that wasn't so bad." (right?)

Jan said...

Ah, the view with Old Chief really made me homesick, even for the snow. (I've lost my mind, I think, as I'm DONE with snow!) -- thanks for the nostalgia for home. The house looks beautiful.

Kari said...

AAhhh! Fantastic! Great views, and the next best thing is all those niches and angles. It adds all kinds of character to the house.

mama jo said...

looks like it will be gorgeous...that's why it's taking sooo long...beauty doesn't happen in a day! can't wait to see it finsihed...maybe danece and i will have to take a trip up north...how's am. idol?

David said...

What a beautiful home Lee Lee. Your views and your angles and your little touches everywhere. The journey will make the destination all the sweeter.

USAUS said...

Are you taking reservations yet? A room with a view please - oh and do you provide room service?

name: Laurel said...

hi mom, my blog is up and running for real this time, i think you'll be pleased to know.