Friday, February 8, 2008

My Mail Run

You need to click on this first picture to get the whole "small town, main street" feeling.Here is "main street", and I mean "main street". On the left with the green sign is our bank and the church bookstore which is just "up" from it....oh wait, that is little old me, California girl talking. I really should have said the bookstore is north of the bank. Whatever. To the right, I mean, west, is the best little dollar store around and south(I'm learning)of that on the right(oh wait, west of that is one of the drug stores. Are you confused because I am. I wish people here would just talk in "lefts and rights".
So this is pretty much what I see when I drive to Babb to retrieve my US mail, pretty sparse and barren and cold and icey and windy. See the drifting snow over the roads?
Almost there, just 4 miles to go! See how far I am from Great Falls? We really are not THAT far away from you.
And there it is! My US post office that "brings the states to me" with bank statements, Costco ads, my Ensign, sometimes a package, credit card applications,Pottery Barn magazines, and the best yet............a parking ticket for my car that was supposedly in Los Angeles on Burmington St. on December 29, 2007. The ticket said it was my car alright, black Acura with even the right CA license plate. The thing is, I have not had a CA license plate on my car (boohoo) since Sept. 06! I don't know where they got their information but that is surely weird!
Home again, home again. This temple even looks pretty in the dead of winter!

9 comments:

Lou lou said...

That a was real fun post to read. That is really weird about that parking ticket. How will you contest that one from over the border? Should be interesting eh?

USAUS said...

You could be the poster girl for the Pony Express of US Mail - The mail MUST get through no matter whether snow, rain, sleet or flood!We should all appreciate our mailbox out front more!

Jan said...

Oh, you just took me down memory lane. And I was married in that temple on December 21 -- so it looks just right to me! (too much snow to suit me now, for sure -- but lovely picture!)

mama jo said...

that was fun to see where you're living...but, it looks waaaaay to cold!!!! how is a hawaiian girl like you surviving?

Marilee said...

Hey, yesterday it was -22 C which is -8 F. Ok so today it was 50F!! I know the weather can change over night here,but 58 degrees? Apparently so. You know you have been here too long when 50 degrees feels almost like a summer day.

Audrey said...

Are you driving AND taking pictures? that a girl! Be grateful you have a church bookstore. We don't even have that anymore! But I had to put my slippers on just looking at your snow. Brrrr!

Kari said...

Thanks for reminding me what we are moving to soon! Brrr! Glad we're stocking up on the long underwear. (Of course, when people in Boston tell ME something is "north" of a store, I'll hear another language..."nahth," from what Frank says...they drop their R's from words.)

David said...

My oh my Lee Lee. Loved reading the blog and knowing it was you in the middle of nowhere in the winter. Left right, up down, east west...whew! As for me, Madrid, Spain is lovely this time of year. In fact, too warm for their liking. Good luck on the ticket. I got one in Spain and it took months to resolve.... my delay mostly... and then when I paid it they wrote back and said it had been dismissed and gave me my money back! Go figure.

Christie said...

That's a lot of snow! But I love your small town feel.