Thursday, February 28, 2008

You Wanna Piece Of Me?

Jolyn gave me this great idea for a post. Since I don't have my own home to live in, yet, I thought I would make myself feel better by showing you my old home. It was complete, and manicured, and green, which is what I like.
Yep, there is the pool and the sport court. Our kids loved the backyard. We also had a cement walkway that went all the way around the perimeter which was super great for motor bikes and tricycles. See way in the back on the right? That was a sand area with a jungle gym thingy.
This was my favorite part of the yard. This was just inside the front gate entrance. See my fountain? Do you know how excited I will be when I can use it again? My neighbor Sylvia,that lived down the street, doesn't like fountains because they make her want to go to the bathroom. Not me, it transports me to something tropical and wonderful, which is tropical. Yep, tropical-ness is wonderful!
Now this post might not look real great, but it is great. See my banana plant? We actually harvested a few bunches from it and boy were they delicious. They were a small banana but man oh man were they delectible, no kidding. So soft and smooth and yummy. See tha tree that is barren? That is my Plumeria tree and it is dormant. Mark got that for me from a woman's house in Camarillo. He was doing her roof because she was moving and she told Mark my love of Plumerias and she said he could have the tree if he wanted to dig it up. Hello? Who has to think twice about that? So he and a couple of his worker guys dug it up very carefully, put it in the back of his trailer and drove very slowly home. Suprises like this are super great aren't they? It was an anniversary/birthday gift. The sad thing is that last year it froze so the new owner had to trim/cut it way down.

So there you have it... "a piece of me". Should I post interior pictures too? Only if you really want me to, but you have to let me know.

11 comments:

cmeagan said...

Yah!!! I want to see your house again. I loved it!

Anonymous said...

Seeing your house makes me miss calif. and you. Ohio just doesn't have much tropical-ness either.
Cheryl M.

mama jo said...

still wish you were there...it was a great house..oh, the twins came home last night

Audrey said...

Someday you will be posting similiar pictures of your new Canadian digs. You have a great touch, and your home here was beautiful.

Kari said...

Very beautiful! I have to say, though, your surroundings where you are now are beautiful too.

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

I remember the first time you invited us over for dinner. You grilled salmon. I was amazed that you had your own wonderland in your backyard. My kids preferred your playground 'thingy' to any of the parks around. I'm so glad you posted this because your yard holds sweet memories for me.

name: Laurel said...

please post pictures of the interior!! i wish i had taken a bunch of pictures of my room...now i only have a few snapshots with the walls in the background...and that was the best room, EVER.

mama jo said...

that header is beautiful...

Jan said...

That pic of the Japanese Gardens really took me back. I remember when they built that -- (*I'm OLD!). It's about a 3 block walk from where I grew up. It's lovely.

Oscar & Kari Rangel said...

I remember your house! It is beautiful. I never thought I would like the heat, and the outdoors like you do. (I didn't forget our conversations on the tredmill) Whenever I'm tending my yard, or laying in the sun, I always think of you! Now that I have my own house, I love it so much. To be outside making my yard beautiful, and always right after the gym before showering... Told you, I listened. I love to be in the sun, and would take the heat before the cold any day!! I guess you could say that I've changed alot since living in St. George.

Christie said...

Loved your house! I would love to see the interior, too. Yes, it has a lot of tropicalness