Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What You Have All Been Waiting For

Lou Lou and I really do have alot more in common than genetics. We have been known to give our parents the same greeting cards which might make sense if we lived near each other and shopped at the same stores right? But no, it has been when we have lived miles and miles apart and even different countries. We can sometimes read each others thoughts and finish sentences at the same time with the same words. We even married Canadians and I think that is odd and alot of other people think that is odd too.

I met Mark at BYU, we dated and married (1981), lived in Provo for a year before graduating then we moved to Drayton Valley (1982), Alberta for 5 years. (oil boom time) Clark and Brad were born there.

We then moved to CA in 1987 then of course got pregnant right away before we had health insurance and since we still were on Alberta Health we decided to combine a family reunion, a horseback trip with family for the guys, and having the baby (Laurel) back in Alberta, all in one month (1988). It worked out perfectly. Back to "twinisms".

So anyway, when Clark was born (1983) Lou Lou flew from Hawaii where our family lived to be with me, her twin sister. Chris, her husband, worked with Mark at Amoco and saw our picture on Mark's desk and wanted to meet "the other twin". "Oh you are in luck Chris because she is coming up when we have the baby". They were together 1 day, she flew back to Hawaii, they wrote, he visited, he got baptized, they got engaged and they were married in 1985.. Oh, where you ask? The same place Mark and I did, the Hawaii Temple. We really do have alot in common huh?

There was one thing we did not have in common though. Boys! We never, ever, ever were attracted to the same boys while dating. I'm not really sure why. You would think that it would have happened at least once. Nope. I really never liked the boys she dated, maybe I was jealous of the time she would spend with them and not me. Whatever. I do like Chris though,for her,not me. He doesn't get bothered and bugged and irritated with Lou Lou when we talk on the phone and it can be ALOT. Probably everyday. Mark doesn't mind either. It just comes with the package, you get one of us and you kinda get the other one too. Mark says that he hears everything twice. Once from me and then again when I tell Lou Lou. I tell him that he should just be glad we are not triplets!

So you want to know more?

LOU LOU AND HER FAMILY ARE MOVING TO ALBERTA! Chris got a job at LCC (Lethbridge Community College) as Director of Physical Facilities. WooHoo!!!! So now we have even more in common. Double WooHoo!!!! And only a 45 minute drive. Triple WooHoo!!!!

10 comments:

Oscar & Kari Rangel said...

Congratulations! I know you just LOVE your sis! I'm a little jealous! I've been looking forward to this announcement, and it's as good as I thought it would be. Very cool. And I just how yo write. I can imagine you talking to me, and it's the same as I remember! You are too cute! And again... I'm so glad I found you.

Oscar & Kari Rangel said...

I just love how you write... that's what I was trying to say. it's late!!!

Stephanie said...

Wow, that is uber-amazing news for you both. I am so happy for you two! What fun you will have. 45 minutes is nothing!! Yeah!

Lou Lou said...

Here I come!!! Are you sure you are ready? Actually, I know that YOU are ready but is Mark ready

Kari said...

That is so great. Hard to believe, but given all the other wild "same-ness" in your lives, it should not be a shocker. (Whew, I can finally sleep at night, since the suspense was really KILL-ing me...I was checking your blog like every time I checked my own email...)

mama jo said...

i have to say that i was hoping you were moving back to sunny california...but, if that's not the case..that's so exciting for you...i'm sure you'll be burning up the roads...

Jan said...

How wonderful for you both! I love, love, love this! You guys have to be so happy! And Lethbridge - that's HOME for me! Love it.

name: Laurel said...

dear mom, i definatly was not born in drayton valley. and i was definatly the baby that was born on the vacation to cardston. love you too!

yay for more fun days like the ones when you guys were here in rexburg with me!!!!

Cher said...

I am so excited! That much closer to me! I was planning on coming to visit you anyway, now I will have double the reason...Can't wait to see my favorite aunties!

Audrey said...

ok you can be jealous of the beach days, and I'll be jealous that you have family 45 min. away. That is great news for you!