Friday, April 11, 2008

Coming

Every Sunday we get the same question, "how is the house coming"?. It's very nice of them to ask, but all we can say is, "it's coming". Well, this Sunday I have something else to say... "The painting is finished and the kitchen cabinets are in". That statement might knock everyone's socks off and then they will need to cancel church because of all the smelly feet.

But before I show you some pictures of the cabinets so far there is something else that is coming. Pussy willows, yea!

See this tall bonsai plant? My mother had this in Montana when they lived there in the mid eighties and then it moved with them to St.George in the mid nineties. About 6 or 7 years ago she gave it to me and boy was I happy. It loved my living room and then we moved.

When we moved to Alberta 1 year, 9 months, 24 days and some odd hours ago my bonsai sat behind my seat for days while traveling. It was happy there too, but when I put my bonsai in our room in the basement it was very clear that it was not happy. So I drove it to Saskatchewan to have Lou Lou babysit it until we moved in our home. Well, her family was here a few weeks ago looking at homes and she brought it back to me. So nice, and my has it grown. It now has a permanent home.....in MY home!!!Take a look. This is what my nook/niche was built for. Honest engine. When I find the perfect fountain it will sit right next to that bonsai. I even have a plug in there and a puck light on top to shine down on my "tropicalness". Oh and around the corner in the dining room is a switch only for that light and plug. Yah....I know.


Look at this. My kitchen. We are so happy with the way it is turing out. These cabinets have been packed away for 5 months. Don, a proffesional cabinet installer who, by the way, has been here two days in a row, is doing a great job. He is working on the island now. Guess what is happening? Uh, the paint is changing colors again....to it's original color pallette. Whew! With all the brown in the cabinets the walls are soaking up all that color and making Mark and I very happy.
See that looooong counter? Oh my goodness, I love it. I see potluck parties galore!

On to the granite and knobs and handles and carpet and......

10 comments:

mama jo said...

that looks like so beautiful...it's going to be fantastic

Jan said...

Your house is going to be so beautiful -- totally worth the effort and time! And I love the traveling bonsai plant -- amazing!

USAUS said...

fabumondo! looks wonderful!

Audrey said...

Worth the wait right? Your cabinets are so beautiful, and I love the layout of your kitchen. We just may have to take a road trip for your buffet parties!

Kari said...

Looks great Marilee, wish I could see it. But knowing you it will look fabulous when it's all done. Keep posting the pictures, I love seeing the progress. I had to get updated with Allison about you, cause I thought you moved to Canada a long time ago. And I was confused about you guys just now building a house. So she filled me in.

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

Hee Hee. I love the plug for Pussy Willows. You know we don't get them much here.

I'll just say it for everyone, "The colors are gorgeous!"

Lastly, I wonder how much trouble LouLou would have been in, had she killed your tropical lovelies...

Kari said...

I love the Banzai tree! Yippee! I can't wait to live somewhere, and have plants again. (You can't move plants with you when you take an airplane to your moving place...)

I am also in love with the kitchen. Excellent.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I am very lucky that your bonsai plant didn't die. I took better care of that plant than all my other plants combined I am sure!
I was just in Lee Lee's house this weekend and the plant is perfect in that spot.
And for all of you who cannot witness the happiness of Lee Lee in person, I will tell you that she is one very happy woman!!
She is right...her kitchen looks great and there is even more since that picture. The doors are on and the microwave is installed. It looks SO nice!
Lou Lou

USAUS said...

BTW - So glad you did lots of drawers... you won't regret it!!!

Christie said...

This is going to be a georgous home. Congrats to you and Mark!