Monday, April 7, 2008

Do You Want To Come?

Nothing has changed on the house activity. Painting is still not finished, plumbing is getting there, and sorry to say that the flooring is not ordered yet. I know I said that last week it was going to be taken care of, but I am with mark on this. Trying to get prices down at the place closest to us which hinges on those certain places talking with supervisors, blah blah blah.

I thought it would be fun to take you down Memory Lane.


We took this picture about a week before Brad left on his mission. We discovered this beach 16 years too late, but better late than never. It is El Matador Beach in Malibu. We have only been there a few times but each time we go there is always a photo shoot going on. This was our photo shoot day.
Yep, Mark is asking me to marry him...again...after 25 years. Our house was on the market and a realtor was bringing an interested buyer over so we had to skidattle for awhile. I needed to get my watch fixed so off we went to the jeweler and when we walked out of there 30 minutes later Mark had bought me the prettiest ring ever.
Joette made me wear these reindeer ears and I am not sure why Bev isn't wearing any. We were the hired help for the ward Christmas party. When Danece was the activities chairman she came up with the best idea, making it a breakfast and that way nobody has to give up a weekend. The tradition continues to this very day. Try it in your ward and you too will be a hero.
OOh how I love to watch Laurel sing. She was in a high school quartet for three years, and called themselves The Red Notes. This picture was taken at a competition in Valencia. They took home 1st place that night and a nice little check to split. Ooh how I love to watch Laurel sing. I know, I know, I already said that.....I just wanted to make sure you understood how I feel about watching Laurel sing.

7 comments:

Marilou said...

That was a fun time down memory lane.

Kari said...

Ooohhh, you "captured the evening" of getting the ring from Mark! 25 years is so cool! Now I have an example for Frank to follow when we get to that number...

mama jo said...

that was great to see...are you coming to slc in may?

USAUS said...

So what kind of ring do you think I can get from your brother for MUCH less years??? I have to start following in your footsteps! This was a fun read.

name: Laurel said...

thanks for your little comment about liking to listen to me sing- i really needed to hear something like that. you're the best!

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

I love the ring story.

I also love to hear Laurel sing. You're not so bad yourself!

Kari said...

so sweet about the ring. I need Oscar to read this. Loved all the pictures. Wasn't that a great ward? All of us so friendly and family l like. What a ward should be. I spoke to Terry and Cherly Mitchell the other day, and we were remembering the fun we had back in N.P. 3rd ward. Oh those fun days!