Tuesday, April 1, 2008

They Keep the Drifting Snow Out!

So these are the windows in the front of the house. We love our windows. Same ones we had in California except these are triple pane. See the "marginal grid" or "prairie grille" as it is called here. We love it so we matched our garage doors to them.
Doesn't the grid look nice? It better because we waited over 8 weeks for these custome made R100 or whatever rating they are. Maybe they are an R40 rating. I don't really know and don't care too much for that knowledge like Mark does. Our garage door guy who put them in said they are a nice garage door though. Whatever, as long as they match my windows.
Ta Da! The light you see behind them are the windows in the garage that will have a beautiful sunset through them why I drive in and park at dusk.

PS. Just a reminder......we can't stucco the house until the temperature stays ABOVE freezing for 3 or more days. I think it will be awhile.

5 comments:

name: Laurel said...

more pictures! more pictures!

mama jo said...

looks like it's coming!!! it will be beautiful...then we will all be jealous...and one day you'll forget how long it took! or will you?

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

Hee Hee. 3 days above freezing. Thats funny to me.

I'm with Laurel. More pictures, please! If I can't have a new house then I must see my friends' beautiful homes to keep me content with my shack of a house. Well...shack may be kinda harsh......

cmeagan said...

The garage doors look really good Lee Lee. I like that the windows all match. Not sure I would have thought of that myself. And about the paint color. That is weird because when I was there a couple of weeks ago it all looked the same to me.

Kari said...

Fantastic--pictures!! Thank you so much for posting them. Now I can visualize better, and you really ARE making progress. Excellent. (The lighting is the best part: WINDOWS in the back of the GARAGE?? That is awesome.)