Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bling Bling

Bling bling? What does that have to do with this picture you ask? Adding bling means adding some bright and sparkly things to something, usually with jewelry right? Well have we got bright and sparkly for you. See that bubble on the roof? It is a very important bubble. Yes, the bubble sticks up and is visable, but really now, do you super notice it when you look at the house? Not so much right? Clark are you reading this? Is the bubble THAT bad and OUT THERE? Come on, just admit it. You don't see the bubble so much do you?

This bubble is a very important part of our house. It is one of the coolest things, aside from my niche that will house my plants and fountain. You should see this bling of a bubble from the inside.




Look at that bright spot in our house! It is natural light coming through that bubble from on top of our roof. It is called a SolaTube. We had one of these in our walk in closet in CA and one in our vanity area. My sister, Lou Lou of course, who else, was visiting and she could not find the light switch to turn off the light in the bathroom. She was very stumped because the light switch for the vanity lights was turned off and the "light" was still on. It was the SolaTube! How is that for a testimonial? We are going to put one in our mudroom too. Light and bright is what our house is all about.

8 comments:

Lou Lou and Chris said...

Oh, I like it and I love the color of your new and improved paint color!

Steve P. said...

Just a thought, "unbling" the heat vent next to the solotube with some black paint (low sheen) and it will almost disappear. Or tell me to butt-out, thats ok too.

Jan said...

Love it! Your house is looking beautiful - I know you can't wait to get in and get settled.

Susan, Susie, Suz said...

Thanks for the SolaTube rave! I've been wanting about 7 in this cave of mine. Maybe James will decide it is time for light when we get a better roof.....

Kari said...

Oh, Marilee, what a great catch-up--I just read the last 3 entries. Very cute pics of Neal, I don't know if he'll mind being called "cute"...

My friend had a sola tube DOWNSTAIRS in their house, (weaving through walls and angled funny to get to the lower level), and it was fabulous. I say, the more light the better in a house. Congratulations on liking the color...paint makes all the difference.

Audrey said...

I have never heard of such a thing! But it looks fantastic. Way cool. Things are really taking shape!

Kari said...

If I have another chance to build a house (probably not) then I'm going to do this. Live and Learn right. I'm living in my very first house, and now I would change so many things if I were doing it over. So, I'll have to remember this one... I actually do have a list!

Elder Myron and Sister Gail Hatch said...

WOW, I really love your cabinets and paint. Your solar tube will really help in the winter when you have 22 hours of darkness. Those plants will need every light ray they can get.