Thursday, May 22, 2008

First Of All.......

I was shocked last night! Am I the only one? I would have bet money on David Archuletta being the next American Idol. With 97 1/2 million people voting he surely got his share of votes for sure, but I think I know what happened. I bet a lot of Sayesha's votes went to David Cook which does make sense to me. All along though I was thinking that it could have gone either way so why am I so shocked?

Thank you everyone for checking in with me. I know you didn't do it only for the candy, but it certainly adds a little pizzaz anyhow. I didn't know my niece Kristen reads my blog, and I have recently connected with other relatives on Mark's side as well. Some of you always comment which of course I love. A friend of Lou Lou's has even been reading my blog. That was a very fun surprise. I don't know her but I have met her dad a few times. He is the one who made my willow chair I had in my little tropical garden in California.
My plumeria tree is dormant in this picture so it does look a little bleak. But believe me, all around the chair is total tropical-ness.

Not everyone entered though. I still had three more regular visitors to my blog that didn't enter and you know who you are Audrey, Jolyn, and Kari R. That's ok. I can't expect everyone to read my blog all the time. All I can say though girls is that you missed out on a yummy international experience.

I do have bad news and good news about the candy give away though. Since pretty much my whole life centers in this room (bedroom) due to basement living, we have a lot of stuff in every corner and no good place to store anything. The bag of candy is stacked along with my scriptures, house information, magazines, food storage info., dryer balls, a phone book, books, and Neal's homework stuff right next to the bed so can you guess what happened? The opposite of outta sight, outta mind. So I have definitely eaten my share and then some of the give away.

The good news is that I went to the store yesterday before Neal's baseball game (BTW the game was tied, they played the local rival team, Raymond) and replenished the pot so all is well. I have decided to put everyone's names on a piece of paper and have Mark pick the winner. I figured that way even #1 and #15 would have a chance because really, who picks the first and last number in draw where you have to pick a number between ? and ?.

So here is the winner.........

Lucky Girl! Email me with your address Danielle and I will send this off in a jiffy. Not sure if I will send this US or Canadian, but I am thinking it will be Canadian so in that case look for your winnings in about a month. Just kidding, maybe 2 weeks.

Now just because this contest is over please don't stop checking in on my blog and COMMENTING. You know how I love it so. It keeps me connected to the big wide world out there. I even get excited when I hear an airplane over head here in my small part of the world.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I was very shocked also that David A. didn't win. But's that's okay. He did his best and that's what matter's!
Lucky Danielle to get that yummy candy. You will love it all!
(sometimes my name shows up and sometimes it doesn't. It's lou lou here.)

Audrey said...

Dang! I skip checking blogs for a week and look what happens to me! a missed opportunity to expand my horizons on some foreign sugar? Oh man! But thanks for noticing I was missing. I am playing piano in YW now, so I have been spending a little more time practicing. Oh do this again, and rig it for me k?

Jan said...

Dang! I wanted that candy!! She will love it -- what a treat that will be when it arrives.

mama jo said...

i'm with audrey...wasn't reading blogs last week...not commenting cost me some great candy....

USAUS said...

I think it was great that Cook won. Even tho Archuletta was my pick from the top 24... this is my reason why... As an LDS mother - I am glad that he can finish school, prep for his mission and keep his life reasonably centred... yet his #2 position will ensure a great future for him without the incredible artificial hype and pressure of being the idol in such a young life. Then, when I watched how Cook treated Archuletta post win - I knew I was looking at a true champion... I must be getting old cos I felt maternal pride in both the Cook brothers responses to the win. Cook is better equipped to handle the year ahead... And who says I don't have an opinion?

Danielle said...

YeAH! I am so excited for candy. (Sterling thinks I am going to share. Ha-ha!) But, I don't think I have your email address.

Kari said...

Okay. I've been a little out of it lately. Somethings don't happen the way we want it to, and so I'm bummed I haven't been reading. Not just you, everyone. Even my blog, I'm neglecting. I love the comments too, and I too can't seem to get enough of them. I love to talk to people, who I don't see, and those I do see. This is such a way for me to do that!!! I love you, Marilee, and miss you tons!