Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Last One

Can you figure out what Neal is receiving from this Royal Mounted Canadian Police? Clark, Brad, Laurel, and Michelle each received one of these as well in the 6th grade. A DARE graduation certificate. That stands for Drug And Resistance Education. He also got that humung-oid teeshirt as well.



Mark and I were not able to attend this momentous occasion again because we were in Utah having the get away trip of our lives(almost). So Laurel, being the greatest big sister ever, took Neal and boy was she ecstatic when she walked into the classroom! To see an RCMP so close up and all she really was "all a dither". Really she was. I know I wasn't there, but she told me all about it so I can safely say that. She was "all a dither".

Now look closely as this next picture. It's just Neal and the girls! There are only three boys in the class and I guess the other two couldn't make it. Neal doesn't look to broken up about it does he?
You want small town? I will give you small town. In this crowd of kids I see the daughter of the Avon lady, the daughter of Neal's math teacher, the daughter of a RS counselor in our ward, the daughter of the guy who built our stairs,and another daughter of the RS secretary in our ward. Yep, small town for sure.

Anyway, does Neal Cahoon not look so proud to be a D.A.R.E graduate?No drugs for this boy. Ever!

9 comments:

Marilou said...

That's a nice entry on the subject. Funny, my kids never had the opportunity here in Regina. I think they studied the subject but never had a graduation with the RCMP. That's very cool!
Just say no Neal!!

Jan said...

What a sweet picture. i love it that the RCMP did the presenting of the certificates and t-shirt. Neal looks pretty darn happy!

Audrey said...

I have always loved Neal's smile. Congrats to him.

name: Laurel said...

i definatly did NOT say "all a dither" i don't even know what that means. but i won't deny that one of the mounties was dang good looking. and who wouldn't find a man dressed up in ridiculous customary canadian garb attractive?

Marilee said...

No Laurel, I did not say that you said that you were all a dither. You were just "all a dither" when you were telling me about the man" dressed in customary canadian garb". Silly girl.

All a dither means you were, well, all a dither.

Marilee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Marilee! I just had to comment (finally) when I saw this post about being "all a dither". I guess I have some experience in that department, having grown up in Regina, home of the RCMP Depot, where all the recruits are trained. Yes, years ago my friends and I would get "all a dither" when we saw those recruits (RC's we called them) around town when they were "on leave" for part of the weekend. However, it could also lead to heartbreak, since they were almost always from out of town and would leave for destinations unknown once their grueling training was over. If you would like to feel the charm of red serge, stetson hat and shiny boots, just visit Depot in the summer for the Sunset Ceremony and Parade. Afterward you can chat to the recruits and have your photo taken with all or any of them. It's lots of fun. (Quick! Hurry! Visit Marilou before it's too late!) By the way, I don't think the "all a dither" feeling has any age limit. Even my 80 year old Aunt was "all a dither"! I enjoy your blog very much! Lou lou's pal, Jo-Ann

Kari said...

Neal... you are so cute. Wow, Marilee, I remember when he was so young. He was Chandler's age when I last saw him.

Dad/Papa said...

Great job Neal!! You can get a glimpse of your smile even from behind if you blow up the one pic. Keep up the great work and remember "Drugs?" "No sirre said the fly to the bee." Made the last part up....I will have to tell you my RCMP story sometime that happened when I was about your age.

Uncle David