Tuesday, May 27, 2008

MUCH Better!

Man are we hap hap happy we re-painted the upstairs last week. Hallelujia!



The color in the middle is called Pittsfield Buff which we are going to paint downstairs. This is the color that my niece Stephanie has in her home. We saw it and loved it! The color on the left is called Wheeling Neutral which is what we re-painted most of the upstairs with. It is a deep rich gold color I guess you could say with a green undertone thingy happening. The bedrooms, bathroom and laundry room will still stay the same which is ok. Mark's office which has french doors and is off the entry way was re-painted too and boy does it look swell.

See the other two colors on the one board? Those are the colors we almost had to live with. The darker of the two really is not so bad. We have those in the above mentioned rooms. So all is well in the soon-to-be Cahoon home. Yea!


Here are the cabinets in a full view. We are looking into the counter tops this weekend in Kalispell. I don't know if you can see, but the island is at a 45 degree angle which has the sink, dishwasher and pull out garbage cans. (see the front of the island in the bottom corner of the picture below? it gives you an idea of where the island is in relation to the kitchen)

The next picture is the corner of the kitchen which of course has the fridge and a vegetable sink. I am excited to navigate my way around in the triangle pattern.


The pictures really don't show the real effect of the paint color, but just believe me, there is no more peachy undertone. Actually,you can see the color in the background. The lighting in this house is so crazy.

It is not that we don't like a peach as a color, we do. One of our houses in California was peach on the outside with peach and green accents inside and it was very nice. We loved it. But that was waaaayyyyyy back in the early 90's.

6 comments:

Audrey said...

I like your new colors, and I am glad that you do too. Your cabinets are really beautiful!

Jan said...

I love the colors, and the cabinets are beautiful! I would be SO ready to get in and get using that house!

stone's eye view said...

i think you made the right choice in colors. It looks great!

Danielle said...

I love the new paint colors. I need to repaint soon. Where did you get those colors?

Kari said...

Have I told you that your cabinets are just like mine??? The wall color is only a little lighter than mine. Sooooo pretty! We have great taste, don't ya think?

Christie said...

I have the same type cabinets, too! Great minds think alike.