Saturday, June 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Lou Lou....and me too!

I am just going to say it..." today is me and Lou Lou's birthday and we are turning 48 years old". I really don't like the sound of that too much. It sounds so old compared to 44 even if they are four years apart because when you are 48 you might as well consider your self pretty much 50 and THAT does not sounds good at all! When you are 44 you are closer to 40 and that sounds pretty good to me right now because it is only 1 year away from your 30's. Now THAT sounds young. But then again 48 sounds a whole lot younger that 58 or even 68. So I guess I am a spring chicken. Yep, that sounds young to me for sure. Spring chicken!

A few years ago I was able to get a hold of our family slides and decided to scan them so I could put the photos on a cd for family members.
Here we are when we were 6 years old and in the first grade. These coats are so cute and look at those lunch pails. No plastic way back then. Metal all the way. I don't know which one I am . I thought I was in the blue, but then I think I am in the red. I could go back and forth all day. I just don't know.
We are sitting under a rattan porch covering so that is why the picture is so stripy. I am totally lost as to who is who. This picture along with the one below was taken at our house on Lakebird Dr. in Sunnyvale, CA. I have visited it a couple of times in the last few years and it is pretty much the same way. No real changes except for the price tag. I think my parents bought it for around $30,000.00 in the late 50's and it is worth well over $500,000.00 now. Craziness.
Here we are with our sister Susie. We must be about a year old I am guessing. I am on the right.....I think.


So Happy Birthday Lou Lou, my twin and best friend! Remember, when you and I are both settled in our houses this summer we are going to take a trip to Montana to shop and eat and have fun. I say let's stay overnight and live it up!

PS. I am on the right!!! No doubt about it.

12 comments:

brad said...

feliz cumpleanos a ti! te amo mama. tu eres tan "cool" para una madre. que tu dia sea muy especial - con amor, tu hijo may tuanis brad

mama jo said...

hope you understood brad..happy happy birthday...and 48 is waaaaaay younger than 51!...plus, you're beautiful and people will be amazed that you're 48...so live it up...you deserve it...both of you...

Marilou said...

Happy Birthday to you too Lee Lee!!

This is who I think I am in these pictures. I am the one in the blue coat. I am the one on the right in the pool and you are the one on the left with Susie. But you are correct on the last picture!!
You have so many pictures that I don't even have. Can I have one of those CD's you mentioned?

Name: Michelle said...

oh.. I thought you WERE turning 44.

(I noticed you found my card!)

Jan said...

Happy birthday to you! Love the walk back in time with you and your twin -- hope your day is wonderful!

i'm kelly said...

happy birthday! aren't you two so cute together.

Kari said...

Yippee! Happy Birthday yesterday!!!! Those are the BEST pictures. And what a great idea, to make a DVD for your other family members...I'll have to think about that.

stone's eye view said...

i would say you are in the red cause I see Clark and Michelle in the face... but then again, who knows?

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday!

Kari said...

Happy Birthday girls! Although I only know you Marilee! Ya know if I look anything like you by 48, then I will be ONE HAPPY GIRL! My husband will be happy too!
You are beautiful!!!!

Audrey said...

Happy Birthday!! You are a lucky lady to have a best friend twin sister. I have just had so much fun catching up on your blog. Sorry about the bird accident!

Dad/Papa/David/Grandpa said...

My guess is Lee on the left and Lou on the right...