Tuesday, June 3, 2008

This and That

Last weekend Mark and I went to Kalispell for another house run. It was very productive. We picked out our granite and will order it this week which is a huge thing. The color we chose is named Giallo Firenze. I guess you can say it has a gold hue, with a hint of green, garnet dots here and there with also some silvery blobs that gives the granite some depth. Our stainless steel sink and brushed nickel taps will look splendid with it. We also decided on the fireplace mantel and hearth, picked up our wood flooring, Laurel's laminate for her room, Neal's carpet for his room, Michelle's tile for her bathroom and finally decided on the flooring for the laundry room and back entry which will be a man made tile called African Slate, Mocha color. Oh, and we picked up our lighting. So we really came back with a heavy load.

While parking our truck and trailer we saw this bumper sticker. We actually saw these all over town. We saw one Obama sign. There are a ton of churches in Kalispell too. You would think you were in the southern states. I know that Clark loves Ron Paul so I really took this for him. You better comment on this Clark.

Neal is playing baseball again and is really enjoying it. I sure hope he sticks with it. I tried to get a picture of his face, but that darn chain link fence was in my way. Last year the weather was fairly nice with only a couple of games where you needed a jacket. Uh, not this year. There have been only two games where you didn't need a jacket. They don't cancel games due to rain so we sat through a game last week with an umbrella the whole time. This picture is deceiving...it was freezing because the wind blew and blew the whole time. But I love watching Neal play and the boys on his team are so nice.

How is this for a sunset? This was taken right outside the front door a couple of weeks ago.

So that is that. Just a modge podge of stuff. I have been painting Neal's room today and finished up tonight which is nice. On to Laurel's room tomorrow. But what I wanted to mention was this. After finishing tonight I thought I would drive down to the church and back to I could see the house at night with the lights on. Weird huh? I was just leaving the gravel road with my hand out the window because I was hot from painting. Anyways, did you know that birds fly at night? Is it something you have ever given thought too? I know bats fly at night but a bird? Well, I know birds fly at night and I know birds poop at night. Yah, a cold wet gross blob landed on my hand and on my pants leg. So gross.

8 comments:

Jan said...

Lots going on! Your granite sounds beautiful -- can't wait to see pics of it in place. And I loved that sunset picture - -lovely!

Danielle said...

I love the sunset. What a view to have from your home.

Are you painting each of the kids rooms a different color? What did they choose?

iamclark said...

I had the same bumper sticker for Ron Paul on my truck. I really liked some of his ideas. I am glad you were able to put a little blurb in of me. I know it's tough since I haven't sent you any pictures yet. Sorry about the night time bird bomb. Can I paint a room any color I want too?

Marilou said...

I guess I never thought about birds flying at night either. Kind of weird really. I would rather birds fly at night than bats during the day.
Can't wait until you blog the bedroom paint colors!

The Cahoon Family said...

haha, that's disgusting. Your house seems to be coming along well and it sounds like you're getting lots done. The view from your house is phenomenal. No doubt about that. Baseball is super fun... I'm glad that Neal is able to tough it out with all this Alberta weather. Good for him.

kelseyp said...

soo is there by chance a few extra rooms in that GINORMOUS house for spencer and sophie and i. it is so amazing! i am in awe!!!

mama jo said...

sounds like things are moving along..how exciting!

Christie said...

You're living in God's country Lee Lee! And no, I've never heard of being pooped on at night in a moving truck by a bird. But I have seen and heard about seagulls pooping on people at the beach when they're laying out for a tan. It's yukky!