Monday, September 29, 2008

The 9th Annual Leavitt Fair was a couple of weeks ago. They really went all out this year with a cool banner, and yes, that is me turning hot dogs.


They always have the candy jar counting contest which is the most popular table at the fair for the kids. Let me tell you, there are a lot of little candy pieces, believe me. I counted over half of those 20 some odd jars which made it impossible to even participate. Oh well. Do I really need that candy? I think not!

What is this you ask? These are candy corn on the cobs that the Achievement Girls made. I think it is quite clever myself. Those are Jelly Belly's I believe on top of three cupcakes.

Oh the ever popular lawn mower race. Next year Mark and Neal are going to enter.

What is he cooking that corn in? I asked the same question and do you know what he told me? An old water heater tank. Yah, go figure. Who would have ever thunk?

You are seeing that right. Dipping corn in a pitcher of melted butter. Another great idea!

Look at that pretty blue sky. It only lasted about an hour and boy did the wind kick up. In a matter of minutes the fun moved to the church cultural hall. Those cultural halls are sure handy aren't they?

There are always baked goods to sample and buy and vegetables to show off at the country fair. There is always a homemade quilt that is raffled off as well. Nope we didn't win it but the most deserving elderly couple in the ward did. Lucky ducks! Brother Leavitt (that would be our plumber's dad, yah, I know) just celebrated his 90th birthday so I think it was only fitting that he and his wife won it.

Surprised to see your self on my blog Kelsey? Congratualtions on baby#2!!!

12 comments:

USAUS said...

that looked like such a simple fun day... it is such a pity we want so much stimulation now when generations made do with lawnmower races.

Your hair is so long now... reminds me of the first time I met you!

Jan said...

It looks like a wonderful day. I am loving the 'candy corn on the cob' -- I may have to suggest that one to our Activity Day girls! All in all, tons of fun.

Marilou said...

Hope we can be there next year. I want to win something!
Dipping corn on the cob in melted butter? Clever. Yah, you hair is real long.

mama jo said...

looks like alot of fun..the corn cupcakes are darling...

The Cahoon Family said...

Wow, that looks great. What a fun tradition they have in Southern Alberta to celebrate once a year with the city. You certainly don't get that kind of spirit with the big city. It looks like it was great.

Kari said...

How fun is that! I want to sign up for the lawnmower races.

Beautiful header photo--looks like you can see just about forever.

Marilou said...

Oh Baby,nice header picture!! Where is it? You always have the nicest pictures! Where is that calendar?

Audrey said...

Just catchin up on blogs. I have been a little behind. Your blog always gives such eye candy with your stunning photographs. Those hiking photos are beyond words! and I love your header too. Your county fair is just something sweet out of a movie. (mostly Doc Hollywood with Michael J. Fox.) What a wonderful time!

Kurt And Jeana said...

WOW!!! I love county fair things! We use to have an awesome one in tremonton! But yours looked like so much more fun! I like the melted butter in a pitcher idea! seriously awesome!

kelseyp said...

haha u r so funny! i almost didn't even recognize that was me! i didn't even know that u took that.. how spaced out was i? someday i am gonna come to your house and take a picture like paparazzi through your window and put it on my blog. haha.so my mom and dad and sophie and i went to 27 yesterday and looked for you guys but you weren't there. darn it! how was the bonfire?

Kurt And Jeana said...

We decided to put our profile on private so if you haven't received an invitation just send your e-mail address to harpjean14@msn.com & we will add you
Love,

Kurt & jeana

Kari said...

loved the corn idea! I bet you'd have to have quite a bit of butter for it work, right? I just finished 2 books that were set in the 1800's, and seeing your pictures, and the land, it brought me back. I would totally live there. It looks like a fun, quite, no stress kinda place to live.