Friday, September 12, 2008

Field Trip

Tuesday was hike day for all of Mountain View School where Neal attends. I volunteered to help drive kids and go on the hike and let me tell you, it was a perfect fall feeling day! The hike was in Waterton Park which is only about 25 minutes from here.

Neal is smack dab in the front with the orange jacket.

We hiked almost 7 miles round trip to Bertha Lake which is considered a half day hike according to the Waterton map guide. I didn't take my camera and boy did I wish I had, of course. This photo was taken by a teacher and the secretary at school emailed it to me just moments ago. The whole school went on some kind of a hike the same day. The K -3 went for a walk around the school and town, the 4-6 kids hiked to Wall lake and then the 7-9 kids hiked Bertha. I kind of have the bug now and want to hike more trails in Waterton. Next week Mark and I want to maybe try Summit Lake hike which is only 5 miles but I hear it is pretty steep at the beginning. The weather has been so perfect for hiking that I want to get the most out of the outdoor weather before you know what flys!!!

5 comments:

Marilou said...

You don't get activites like that in the city! If I EVER get to Lethbridge, we can hike together.

becca olsen said...

How fun is that? I really miss waterton! Hawaii is beautiful but I really do miss the fall! p.s- Hope you are enjoying your new home! it looks fabulous!

Jan said...

I LOVE Waterton -- it's a must-do everytime I get back up there. Such a fun time for you!

Kari said...

Fall is a great time to hike! I bet it is so beautiful there.

name: Laurel said...

hey mom! we are hikers now! yesterday i went with a group of friends to yellowstone and went on a few little hikes- now i'm kinda sad i didn't do more in waterton- maybe this time of year just makes hikes more fun or something becasue you realize everything could look and feel very different at any time. well anyway, i wish i could have gone with you!