Saturday, October 25, 2008

We All Have Our "things"...

Some love their surfboards. Some love their skis. Some love their cars. Some love their pets. Me? I love my new boots!!

Dixie and I have so much fun riding together. She works at the Carway border with 4 days on, 4 days off. And because we have a blast together on her days off we always go riding. Actually, it is just not riding, she teaches me horsemanship and it is pretty darn fun. Trotting and posting came pretty easily for me and I have loped a few more times and I am getting the hang of it. But I have also learned how to spin. It is when the horse is going in a tight circle and crossing their front legs as they turn. I have also learned how to use the reins more effectively and to use my legs as signals to the horse as well. It is all very exciting.

The reason why I love my new boots is because they can make spurs work the way they should. Before I bought my boots I was either wearing Dixie's boots or my tennis shoes and spurs with tennis shoes was not working for me. Some people can ride a horse with no spurs but I seem to have a hard time so the boots really were a necessity, really they were.

Mark is not so sure about these boots, but I am. I really really like them. Alot. He will be the first to tell you that me learning how to ride and buying cowboy boots was the LAST thing he thought would EVER happen. When in Rome do what the Romans do.


11 comments:

Kurt And Jeana said...

oooooooohhh.... I love your boots! I want some really bad! But they are way expensive and I have no use for them like you. Also I don't think Kurt likes the Idea of me dressing like a cow girl. But I Do love boots! I was actually tempted to buy boots and wear them for our wedding, but ended up going with something a little more formal.

Jan said...

I love them too. And I really love seeing that you are totally adapting to living in a completely different area -- you're awesome.

Marilou said...

Sweet boots Lee Lee!!

name: Laurel said...

FINALLY a post. but the contents? mom, please. i don't know who you are anymore. i hope i can recognize you under your cowboy hat, boots, and spurs when i come home for thanksgiving break.

USAUS said...

Ahhhhhhh... you make your daddy and big bro so proud... now how is that hat coming along?

Marilou said...

Oh, I gotta hat for Lee lee! It was our mothers cowboy hat back in the Montana years! I now just have to find it in all these boxes that are packed. Laurel.....I have got to say, "too-shay" (i know i spelled that word wrong) for your comment!!
But actually....I think it's pretty neat that you are doing this lee Lee!! Really.

Kari said...

Yes, I am completely jealous of the riding part. For you to be riding EVERY WEEK? That is way too cool.

The Cahoon Family said...

That's awesome. They look great. I'm wishing I could get back on a horse one of these years....

Audrey said...

So snazzy! My girls want to be you when they grow up so they can ride a horse every week. Lucky!

kelseyp said...

i have to get some more through your window of your house.. jks. they are on my moms camera. but don't u worry the paparazzi pics will surface when u least expect it!

MONSON FAMILY said...

That is fun that you are learning how to ride!!! Love your boot too!!