Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's coming!

Yesterday we went to Lethbridge (45 minutes drive) to pick up our underlayment for the carpet downstairs. We have been working on the trim which has taken awhile because we (Mark and Chris,lou's husband) have been making it from scratch so to speak. We are using 3/4 inch MDF and then using a bit to make our own personal edging. We love it, but it is messy and time consuming. We have all the trim painted, using a sprayer and so we are now ready for carpet. It will make such a difference and when the in floor heating comes on we will feel cozier.

While Mark was at the carpet place Neal and I went across the street to look at furniture because we still need living room, formal dining room and basement furniture for the great room.

I found it! The living room furniture! We love it!

I really thought I wanted leather and was willing to hold out until Mark agreed with me. But when I saw this, I knew this was it. The wood carving on all of the pieces have a tropical flare which is subtle to most, but not to us. It is comfortable and fits and looks perfect.

Our front door has been in for awhile and literally downstairs unstained for a year, no lie! It is mahogany with a deep brown/red stain. Alot like our front door in CA. We love all of the glass and light that comes through. It is not trimmed out yet, but soon.

So there you have it Clark, Brad, Laurel and Lou Lou. Home Sweet Home!!!!

16 comments:

USAUS said...

It all look so wonderful = all the hard work has really paid off and now the best fun - decorating!!! The furniture looks lovely and I love the welcoming front door. You & Mark have really outdone yourself! Keep the photos coming.

Marilou said...

Oh, wow Lee Lee, it all looks SO good! The furniture is perfect and I really love your front door! I'll see it all on the 14th!!

Kari said...

very pretty. I love your front too. And that's the couch I want!!!!

Woods said...

Love your new furniture! I'm glad we were able to see the house in real life : )

Jan said...

Your house is so beautiful (worth waiting for, right?!) -- and I love the couch. It will be perfect.

mama jo said...

everything looks beautiful...you have really accomplished some fantastic things...

Kurt And Jeana said...

You have such a pretty house, I love the colors in it. I love getting new stuff! Looks great

MONSON FAMILY said...

Your house is so beautiful!!! It will be fun to come and see you guys at Christmas.

JAKKS Cahoon said...

Wow, that looks amazing. It is just beautiful. I love the colors and the light and the furniture and the floors and everything....WOW!!!

i'm kelly said...

it's coming together so beautifully!

Audrey said...

Great choice on the furniture! I love it, and your wood floor is fantastic as well. It could all be in a BH&G magazine. But the thing that really caught my eye is your pilgrim statues. I have the same ones! from Costco years ago? I too have them on my table in the entry way. I just knew we were friends for a reason!

name: Laurel said...

YES! yes yes yes yes! i thought i couldn't be more excited to go home, but i was wrong! i am so so so so so excited right now. how can i make two and a half weeks go by faster???

Anonymous said...

Your home is just beautiful. It is worth all the hard work and the long, long wait. Your horse back riding sounds wonderful and fun. If you are posting you need an English saddle (no horn and that funny stuff). I love your boots. They look much more comfortable than the western pointed toed boots.

Gail said...

Oops, I didn't mean to hit anonymous

Dad/Papa/David/Grandpa said...

Greetings from Uruguay Lee Lee! Your house looks spectacular and I love the architecture and little touches. Attention to detail! It certainly shows. Absolutely beautiful.

Gina woodhouse said...

Your house looks amazing! I love the furniture you picked out. You must love being in your home, everything made from scratch and handpicked. So beautiful- you are blessed!