Saturday, February 7, 2009

Neal's Turn

We went into the agridome today to take pictures of my father's saddle that he is loaning me and guess what? I swear I took about three pictures of the saddle on it's own and I ended up with only one and it has a big shadow on one end. I don't know what happened. I'll have to get a good picture of the Hatch saddle another time. Shucks!

I figured you have had enough of me sitting on a horse so I shot this video of Neal riding- on my father's saddle that he built when living in Samoa. Every stitch, he hand stitched himself. I rode on it for a few minutes today and it was nice. And daddy? the stirrups are perfect, no need to adjust them at all.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Hey--Neal is pretty good up there! He's getting taller, isn't he...when you guys came to visit CA last year or so, he ran up to me in church and gave me a big hug. It made my whole week, I think!

How does one HAND-SEW a SADDLE, for Pete's sake...I can't imagine getting a needle through that tough stuff.

Audrey said...

Amazing saddle, and when did Neal grow up???

Marilou said...

Neal, you are such a natural on that horse!
The saddle looks so good! I am so glad that we are able to enjoy the saddle that you made Daddy. And finding those stirrups in the saddle bag was such a nice surprise.

Gina woodhouse said...

I didn't realize your dad lived in Samoa. What a great family heirloom.