Friday, March 13, 2009

"The Coldest Spot in the Nation!"

That's where Lou Lou and I were yesterday, Cut Bank, Montana. We heard there was a JC Penney's and an Albertsons so we thought why not. We can drive 1 1/2 hours, talk and sing to XM and shop. Easy. It doesn't take a lot to make us happy, no sirree. I wish I had brought my camera though. This JC Penney's was built in 1950 and is downtown on main street. Old. It seemed like everyone that walked in was greeted by a friend and had lots to talk about. That's how small towns are I suppose. Actually, I know that's how small towns are because I live in a smaller town than Cut Bank. There is always some one you know or recognize and sometimes they are your relatives, which I am getting used to.

The deals in Penney's were crazy! And I mean crazy. I spent $71.00 and saved $217.97! Is that not fun? Lou Lou spent just under $50.00 and saved over $300.00!! I bought a cardigan set for $3.94. And a corduroy shirt for $1.97. Even if we wear the clothes for a season or two or even a time or two, who cares right, because a lot of things can be $1.97 cute, right Cher? (we think about you often while clothes shopping) We were in that store for close to three hours and that store was small.

We then headed over to Albertsons. I spent more and saved less, but I did come home with fun stuff that I can't buy here. Little Ben and Jerrys ice cream, 10 for $10.00. Buttermilk Ranch dressing packets for my Cafe Rio recipe, strawberry cake mix for Michelle, Campbells Chicken Noodle Soup for 59 cents (I can't even buy it at one of the grocery stores here which totally boggles my mind), and one of my all time favorite cookies, Nabisco iced animal cookies! The price on those don't even matter!


Because I spent so much at Albertsons I was congratulated with 300 bonus labels for Campbells Labels for Education. Who wants them? I would be happy to put the coupon in the mail. It might just push your child's classroom over the top and win a party. You never know. I'm serious you guys. First come first serve!

We had a super fun day. Next week is my turn to visit Lou Lou and I think I might go to her RS Birthday Party which could be fun, but not fun like Cutbank, Montana!

This is Sweet Magic Mocha, one of Dixie's newest foals. One week old! Oh, it's a girl and that would be a filly. Can you tell this is Lou Lou and not me? Probably.

And by the way, Cut Bank was not so cold. It must have been the coldest spot at one time, one day,so they grabbed the title and ran with it. A small town has to have claim to something right?

8 comments:

Marilou said...

It's too bad we didn't have the camera. Next time. Because there WILL be a next time with deals like that!
Can't wait. Cut Bank here we come....again....one day soon(ish).
Sweet Magic Mocha was so cute! How many people get to hug a week old filly? Thank you Dixie. Love your filly's name. (lol)

Jan said...

I've been to that Penney's -- old is right - -but you can't beat those deals! Love it!!

Ashley Dawn said...

I'm guessing that whoever named Cut Bank as the coldest spot in the nation, hasn't ever been to Edmonton - although it's not in the nation it's still wicked cold. I'm so jealous that you got to do those great sales. I LOVE shopping in the states...

Kari said...

$3.97??? 1.94??!!? I can't believe it. And what a beautiful horse! :)

Audrey said...

WOW!! I love to bargain shop, but I think your deals take the cake. Hooray for you! Since you have already done a top notch job on a flat stanley project, I feel selfish for asking/begging for the box tops, but I'll take um.

USAUS said...

So glad you girls are having such fun together! Nothing like a great deal to put a smile on a girl's face!

Kurt And Jeana said...

Oh my GOSH! you got the best deals at penneys! I love good shopping days like that! That baby horse is so super cute! I just want to hug it.

Christie said...

I love small towns and shopping for bargains. Way to go you two. And yes, I could tell that was Lou Lou even after all these years!