Saturday, May 9, 2009

For The Kids

When we moved into our house we sorta, kinda, let the kids "do" their own rooms. Neal wanted black and white checked carpet which would have looked nice, but we were thinking of something a little more neutral of course. We installed a grey carpet and painted the walls cement grey. His bedding is black and white along with black shelves. No pictures, sorry. His room is in the basement, he is a boy, and he is number 5. I just don't care so much about a clean room. I have posted pics of Michelle's room before: neutral colors with dark furniture.

Here is Laurel's room. Just keep in mind that this is the second color of paint. Her first color was orange juice concentrate, this is after the orange juice is diluted. Laurel hasn't even seen her room complete. Lou Lou and I thought we would pull the room together with this bedding and a few accessories and I think it looks nice. Short of all white bedding, I think the colors look good with the paint.The green is a yellow green as apposed to a blue green. You will like the room, I promise Laurel. It looks great!

This is the guest room. I'm pretty happy with the way this room has turned out. I love that I have a room to put all of my Hawaiian things and that this room has a theme. The room is really bright despite being in the basement. Walk out basements are the only way to go if you can manage it.

Neal plays badminton for his school. He played last week in a tournament and took second place so he was able to play "zones". Medicine Hat is 3 hours from here so we drove yesterday and stayed overnight at a hotel with an indoor waterslide. Neal had a great time with his friends from school and he played well. A lot of these kids are on teams that play all year and compete whereas most of the schools around here have badminton as a school sport only so we do have a disadvantage. See the yellow birdie? Neal can hit that thing hard!

8 comments:

USAUS said...

Loved seeing the finished rooms - you have really done a great job!!! I will be up to see it for myself in 3 months!!! yay!!!

Kari said...

Badminton as a school sport! Awesome. Yellow is such a happy color--Laurel has a great room.

My favorite, though, is that you decorated the guest room in Hawaii stuff. THAT I could get into, no problem!

Ashley Dawn said...

Those rooms are incredible. I want to come stay with you just so I can be in the Hawaiian room. It's as close to Hawaii as I've ever been. Love Laurel's room too. What a happy feeling room.

mama jo said...

looks wonderful...

Marilou said...

Love the Hawaiiana room! I need to sleep in it again now that it is all decorated so nicely.
And of course I love Laurel's room too. Have you found a spot for that wooden picture yet or are you waiting for your interior decorator to give you some ideas? Ha ha

name: Laurel said...

noooooooooooooooooooo! GREEN and yellow? please let it be known that that room was not my idea. it's nice- but not at all mime. it's offically a guest room.

your room looks nice mom!

oh and byyyy the wayyyy, your guest rooms will be put to work next weekend :) not sure yet how many people are coming for sure.

Kari said...

Michelle likes to cook--that is so cool! But please say you were exaggerating the time when you said she looks forward to cooking in the dorms, right? she still has a few years before college, right?

Audrey said...

Oh Marilee... you have such great taste. I just LOVE how you did the rooms. Bedding is my fave, and I think the bedding in Laurel's room is really nice. Not to mention the very nifty wall turtles in the guest room. It all looks so warm and inviting! Great job. and way to go on the badminton Neal!