Saturday, August 15, 2009

Reunion 2009

Our family had two reunions back to back with the Hatch reunion going from August 6-8 and the Cahoon reunion August 9-11. All of the Hatch's stayed here at the house with people everywhere, including somebody sleeping in the storage area and also one in a small room that will someday be a bathroom. It was busy and fun at the same time. Some of our activities were, of course, the creek, Waterton Park, eating, visiting, eating, visiting, the annual parade, and eating!


Chris brought out his guns and ammo. How cute is this? This is my nieces husband Jon and their youngest, Noah.



Neal is waiting for the clay pidgeon to be launched by Uncle Chris. Neal did a pretty darn good job at hitting them, more than half.



Michelle LOVES the creek. She would spend hours there if she wasn't working so much this summer.
Will, Noah, and Ella, my nieces kids. Not sure what that makes me. Too old is all that comes to my mind!



Kelly (my niece ), Mary-Anne ( sister in law), and Michelle waiting for Cardston's famous Heritage Days Parade to start. Half the fun is visiting while waiting!



Cherilee (my other niece and mother to Will, Noah, and Ella) along with Laurel and Kelly ( my sister's only girl) . Laurel wasn't able to attend much of the reunion because she was an EFY counselor in Calgary, but she had a great time and learned a lot. We missed her!




This aint no Cahoon Reunion because if it was we would have a group picture of at least 150. This is the Hatch Reunion of 22! We were missing 8 family members. Stephanie (my niece) and her family are in France renovating a rental and her sister Kristen and husband Max, were married only a couple of months ago and so it was difficult to fly out from Boston. Next time!



Michelle and my father have the same name in Hawaiian. After my mother died, my father was visiting us and right there during Sacrament meeting my father handed Michelle his Hawaiian wedding band that was inscribed, Mikela. I think they each have a special spot in their hearts for each other.



My father and the "twins".



Can you guess what Ella is eating? See below




This is Sean, Lou Lou's oldest. He works on Vancouver Island in Tofino, a resort, and did alot of the cooking at the restaurant. He is making an apple crisp. When I brought out the "apple-peeler-corer-slicer" he thought he had died and gone to heaven. The kids all of the sudden were interested what was going on in the kitchen. Above is Ella eating the peels. Those of you who had kids attend Mrs. Waingrow's pre-school class when she was teaching will remember this kitchen appliance. During snack time she would bring out this and the kids would line up to help peel their apples.



Clark, Sean. and Jon (Cher's husband), hanging out at the camp kitchen in Waterton.


Here is Seth, Lou Lou's youngest waiting for his clay pidgeon to be in just the right spot, then bang!


My boys! Brad wasn't going to come to the reunion but he somehow managed to talk his boss (his cousin) into it afterall. Brad has had a great summer selling pest control so how could Kyle refuse? Brad drove home from the airport, went straight to work, and sold three jobs just like that. It was great to have him here. Clark has been here for a couple weeks between school terms. He has been going to school for 4 straight terms with no breaks so he has been enjoying his time here. In September he heads off to BYU Study Abroad in Jerusalem.



I aimed, pulled the trigger and BAM! I split that clay pidgeon right in half! Did I say it was my first shot? "It was my first shot. Take that."


Jake, Mary-Anne, Cherilee, David , Jon, Chris, and Lou Lou. David is my brother, Mary-Anne is his wife, and Jake is their son. Cherilee is one of my brother's daughters.


Lou Lou's family. I don't think I have mentioned Caleb yet (on the left). He is very talented at slap guitar. His mother didn't even know he knew how to do it until he surprised us at the little talent show we had. He is Lou Lou's third. He was at EFY along with his brother Seth but neither of them had Laurel as their counselor. Maybe next year.





My family, minus Laurel. We missed her in more ways than one.


I need to update the house projects. The stucco and rock work were completed during the renunion (at least it's finally finished) and then we had our staircase installed and finished the day before. Next on deck, is............the deck! Pictures of the stucco and rockwork and stairs will be posted when the sun is shining and I can get a good shot. It has been so rainy here which of course I am not happy about. I like the rain and I always wished it had rained more when we lived in California, but not here in Canada, in July and August. Oh did I mention that it snowed on my birthday? That would be June 7th!

All is well here, the house is coming along, kids were (are) home this summer, and we are all healthy and happy!

ps. no pics of the Cahoon Reunion, just quadruple this and times it by 4. You get the picture!




6 comments:

Marilou said...

Nice post Lee Lee with lots of pictures!
FYI...Sean is on Vancouver Island with Victoria being the main city there.

Kari said...

Oh man, what a great synopsis--and I can't believe you did all that in only 3 days?? Back-to-back reunions: crazy, crazy. But so much fun.

I had to be impressed with the rifle shooting. And Clark is going to Jerusalem. Fantastic.

USAUS said...

thanks for the memories...

Audrey said...

Yes... very impressed with your first time shot! Family reunions are so great, and I felt like I had been to yours with your cute kids. I bet Laurel was the BEST EFY counselor. She is so fun. But again, I must mention that my favorite part of checking your blog is your header pictures. This one takes the cake. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

Great! Fantastic! Awesome! Just a few of the adjectives that come to mind! Can you hit the clay birdie a second time?? I, too, love your headers, you've got the eye for photography!! Sounds like fun, good for you guys!!!

Dad/Papa/David/Grandpa said...

A wonderful time and you were perfect hosts! Thank you and Lou Lou for all you did to organize the event.

By the way, Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump is well worth the visit.