Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Fun in Waterton

Talk about a total body work out! Cross country skiing is a total body work out, no kidding. Much more enjoyable than the gym. The day was perfect with blue skies, warmer temperatures and most important, no wind. Yah, no wind here is always a good thing.

And no, this is not how you ski. I was just getting started here, ya gotta give me a few minutes to get used to the narrow skis.

See, I can do it, I just need time. We are actually skiing on the road that leads to Cameron Lake. From this point it is 1 mile to the lake.


Lou Lou


When we reached Cameron Lake we took a break and had fun with this huge Blue Jay. Lou Lou actually has an apple core on her head waiting for the bird to grab it. Never happened.

Our friend Dixie joined us. I love this picture with the skis and poles. Such a contrast from summer where we are usually in our shorts enjoying the sunshine.

Can you tell where we are? We are standing ON Cameron Lake. This is where we were canoeing last fall, late September.

Gotta have a picture of the twins. Always!

I was really focusing on my arms and legs and poles and skis and then it happened. I got distracted and boom down I went. Just so you know, falling down with cross country skis is much much easier than snow skis.

This trail on our way back had a few bumps and small hills, which added some excitement for me, the new skier of the bunch.

I'm beginning to enjoy the winter time a little more now with these new winter sports and this one is only 3o minutes from my house. Crazy nice!

8 comments:

Jan said...

Oh, so beautiful. I love seeing your takes on places that I grew up with -- looks like you are really learning to enjoy the winter stuff there. Love it.

Marilou said...

Fun post. We'll have to go again before all that snow melts. We have lots of time though. Up that high in the mountains it takes way longer to melt!

stone's eye view said...

You have been busy!!! Looks like lots of fun. I love x-country skiing.

Kristin said...

FUN FUN FUN! You sure do have a lot of adventures up there! :)

Kari said...

3 cheers for you cross-country skiing! It is SO MUCH MORE WORK! Beautiful scenery and lake. :)

Audrey said...

Aren't you just the little ski bunny!?! It looks amazing, and the pictures are so beautiful that I forgot that snow is cold. :) You all look like you are having so much fun!

開心唷 said...

thank you for you to make me learn more,thank you∩0∩

Christie said...

I'd love to learn to cross country ski, however I'm sure I'd be on the ground a lot more than upright! Looks like lots of fun, though.