Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rio!

We bit the bullet and got a dog! We promised the kids that we would get a dog when we moved here and so here she is. Rio!


First bath about a month ago.






She was one one of the smallest and mild mannered of the litter, plus her markings are neat. When she was born she had the marking of a diamond on her back so we got to thinking about a name. Diamond Rio came to mind and so Rio it is. She is a Border Collie (dad/neighbor dog) and Heeler mix. The mom is a Red Heeler but she had Blue Heeler puppies as well. Rio is a Red Heeler. These dogs are known for their work on ranches with cattle. They like to "round em' up". Our friends were kind enough to give us the puppy so all Neal has to do it work it off with a little hard work on the ranch.


If we can teach her not to chase cars and jump up on people then I will be happy. There is nothing more annoying.
Mark even secretly likes her.

11 comments:

USAUS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ziggy said...

Wow, neat dog!! You'll all have fun with her and she'll only get better, the best is yet to be! Love the name!!
Love the header pictures you've been posting, the sunsets and Waterton. Good photography!
Nothing about skiing? Holding out I say :) :) :)

Ashley Dawn said...

When I saw the name of your post I was thinking that you must have gone to Rio and that's why I haven't heard from you in a while... little did I know! Congrats! Jarett and I have sworn that we will only get a dog if we have an acreage for it to run around on. Now you're making me realize that it COULD be a possibility one day. What a strange thought...

Brad said...

Mom, I vote that Rio needs a hanker-chief around his neck. Voting is now closed. Good looking dog though! Pushover.

mama jo said...

can't believe you got a dog! that makes life complete...

Kari said...

Awesome! Neal is probably in heaven. Your header photo should be on a postcard--just breathtaking.

Kristin said...

Congrats! she is adorable! Neal looks so happy to have her.

Marilou said...

Love the look in Rio's face in the last picture. He has really gotten big since the last time I saw him 2weeks ago.
You need to get that calendar going Lee Lee!
And yah. Brad you are right. A hankerchief around Rio's neck would be perfect!

Audrey said...

Oh my kids are so jealous!!! That just seals it. You ARE a better mom than I am. :)

Dad/Papa/David/Grandpa said...

What!? No Satch IV??

Julia said...

he is adorable! I want to meet him!