Saturday, February 27, 2010

Skiing at Bridger Bowl

During "Reading Week" last week we decided to join Lou Lou's family in Bozeman, MT. to try our hand at skiing. It was really fun. We all had a great time. Laurel and Michelle were up during some days off at school so they were able to come which made it even more fun. Laurel had tried snow boarding once, Neal has been a few times before, and Mark hasn't skiied for over 30 years. Michelle and I were the new ones and I have to say we did pretty well on the bunny hill, but not after getting really frustrated. I was ready to give up, no lie. I'm glad I stuck it out though because now I can say after 49 years that I know how to ski.


Love Love Love this photo of Mark and I. Of course I love standing next to Mark and a good photo of the both of us is great too, BUT look what is in the background! THE AMERICAN FLAG! WoooHooo!


Laurel and I waiting for that bunny hill chair lift. Boy did we have bruises on the back of our calves from trying to get on the low chair gracefully. Next year, no bruises. I am moving up to the regular lifts.


We stayed at neat place. The rooms had two doors, one to the hallway and one to the main area inside that had a pool and 5 hot tubs along with a breakfast bar. The interior was rustic which added to the winter ski trip feel.


Taco Bell is one of Lou Lou's favorite places so we ate there one late evening. I'm telling you, it is a real treat for us to eat out and have missed that since moving to this area.


These pictures were taken from our FLIP video camera so the quality is not too great. I just wanted to show more pictures of us on the slopes.





Can you believe we didn't get one single picture of Neal on the slopes? He was having a great time snowboarding with his cousins on the bigger hills.

8 comments:

Marilou said...

Can't wait until next year!! You did really good Lee Lee!!

Kristin said...

They actually weren't too bad quality pictures. It looked like a lot of fun! I'm jealous... lol.

Audrey said...

Fantastic!! I really like that "American" picture of you two as well. But the real question is... who are you cheering for in the US/Canada hockey game today? :) Looks like you guys had a great time. I haven't skiied in 20 years. I'd have to do the bunny lifts as well. Your photos made me miss it!

Dad/Papa/David/Grandpa said...

Great shots! It looks like you had your usual great time together.

Kari said...

Awesome, Marilee! The photos are very fun--quality is pretty good actually.

I hear you on the fast food thing...we are totally "out of the way" from anything like that. Not that we used to eat out frequently, but once in aWHILE. Now it's so inconvenient we just don't do it.

Michelle said...

That picture from Taco Bell messed with my head a bit! You look so much like Lou Lou.

Wyatt said...

Where is Bridger Bowl? Looks fun!

Arlene said...

I don't know why that says Wyatt. It's me Arlene.