Friday, June 11, 2010

The Twins are 50!

That does not sound good to me at all. 50? Where did all those years go anyway? But it must be true because I have black and white photos of me, so yah, I must be old. Ok, old-er.

To celebrate the big 5-0, Lou Lou and I took a road trip to St. George to visit our father. To have us there, he said, seemed like we were teenagers living at home again. A very nice thought.

We were born 30 years apart which means he turns 80 this year, June 27th to be exact.

I was born first so why is Lou Lou's name before mine? I know it's a silly thing to wonder about, but first is first when it comes to twins.

We decided to stop in Santaquin to visit our mother on our way to St. George. There is a restaurant named, The Family Tree, that serves the biggest scones ever so we thought we would enjoy the sunshine together. And yes, I took lots of pictures of Openshaw headstones for genealogy and we also took pictures of some of the homes that are still standing that relate to our family from way back when.

We had a great time doing whatever, whenever we wanted. The only thing we didn't do was eat Mexican food. Not bad.

10 comments:

Dixie said...

Don't look a day past 25, I say!!
Looks like fun in the sun!! Good for you two, I'm sure your father was in Heaven having you girls around!!
Perfect daughters as the cake says!!

Cool blog makeover too!! Classy, as always!!! :)

Marilou said...

I'm with Dixie there. Love the new blog look. Kind of like you new hair-do. What have you been waiting for?!
I didn't know that daddy said it felt like having us back as teenagers. I like that.
You didn't mention that "mommy took" that picture of us holding the largest scone in the world. lol!

Kristin said...

Happy Late Birthday, you two!!!

mama jo said...

happy happy birthday! can't believe you're finally in your 50's..you both look way younger...love your new backgrounds...have a great year!

Audrey said...

Happy Birthday you two!!!!! and to your Dad too.

Michelle Joyce said...

Nice background! I don't remember those scones being THAT big. Those are huge...

Ashley Dawn said...

Happy Birthday! You sure don't LOOK 50...but since you have kids coming up on the 30 mark, it DOES make sense!

Kath黃rinA俊宇 said...

偉大的致富萬能之鑰,正是幫你充分掌握自己心志所必須的自律自制......................................................................

Arlene said...

Marilee! Happy Birthday! Sounds like a wonderful trip. I see someone writing in chinese on your blog. I don't remember you speaking chinese?. Arlene.

Dad/Papa/David/Grandpa said...

Did you leave any ladybugs in Santaquin? All three of you look great. Mom would be so pleased and proud!!