Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Neal!

Neal is 15. I can hardly believe my youngest is 15 and I really can't believe my oldest is 27! Crazy Crazy.

Brad, Laurel, and Michelle drove up last weekend and we had a great time doing, pretty much, whatever we wanted. The most important thing on our list was to celebrate Neal's birthday though. Can you believe I don't have a group shot? Those will be in my next post.

Shopping for Neal this year was pretty sweet. I called the kids and told them what he wanted and they bought and brought the gifts. That reminds me. I need to pay them back:) Shopping here is not too exciting. The prices are high and the shopping is an hour away so I try to take advantage of buying things in the states when I can and how ever I can. It's how I do things from a distance.

You are seeing right. There is no cake. I made these cupcakes you see in the picture for him to take to school, but he mentioned that his seminary teacher was going to make cupcakes for him. He wanted an ice cream and I was all for making it for him, but then when these cupcakes didn't get eaten I froze them until the kids came. Sorry Neal. Your ice cream cake will be for when you turn the big 1-6!


Michelle was feeling crafty so she made this banner for the party. Love love love the backdrop, don't you?

6 comments:

Kari said...

Happy Birthday to you, Neal! Wow, does HE look grown-up! I think it's awesome that your kids can come up for the weekend and celebrate things like that with the family all together. Well, almost everybody. Everybody who can be there. :)

USAUS said...

Neal is really changing...how neat you were all together for such a fun time! your header pic looks gorgeous!

Dixie said...

Happy Birthday Neal!! 15 yrs old, oh boy time flies! You look way too young to have such mature children, but lucky for them to have a young, fun mom!!!:) So cool the kids could be around for a non rainy weekend!! PERFECT!
Love the backdrop and Love the header picture too. What's that speck in the blue sky? :)

Barb said...

Ok I totally wrote on Neil's facebook wall, for his birthday, it made me feel trendy. I will never believe that your youngest is 15 or that you could possibly have a 27 year old.

I totally saw all of you heading up to Waterton on Friday it looked like so much fun, I am glad it was. I totally get about the shopping thing except I grew up not shopping and have really never had a positive experience with it, maybe there is shopping Polson??? I haven't checked into it yet the shopping I mean.

Laurel Lee said...

I love your header picturrre!

it was fun to be there for neal's birthday! i cannoooot believe he is 15 and in 9th grade. so so weird! love you neal!

Laurel Lee said...

I love your header picturrre!

it was fun to be there for neal's birthday! i cannoooot believe he is 15 and in 9th grade. so so weird! love you neal!