Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hello Winter :(

I am really sorry to have to report bad news here, but winter has arrived with a vengeance. The wind blew hard all night along with rain and then started snowing around 7am. It is now sticking with very low visibility and a north wind. Just so you know.

We had a lousy summer but a really great fall and now a wake-up call for winter. One more day of fall weather would have been superb since Mark and Michelle are driving from Utah right now, as I write. The rest of the crew will be here this weekend so I hope this silly storm settles down.





Laurel, you wanted a new post. Are you ok with this one?

9 comments:

Kaylynn said...

I was just about to do the same kind of blog post. I took a picture of us playing outside and riding the pony yesterday so that I could compare it to today. Hope your family travels safely!!

Marilou said...

Yep....winter is certainly here. It looks exactly the same here (Lethbridge...for those of you who may not know-1 hour away) and it's sticking around for a few days so the weatherman says! But, I am actually okay with it.
Storms are always kind of fun to me.

Marilou said...

When I enlarged the picture I noticed the Canadian flag....oh and the horses. Really neat-o!

Barb said...

What a beautiful picture! I really love a good snow storm unless I have to go out of my house! Hope everyone gets home safe.

mama jo said...

what a winter wonderland! hey, i have cousins in lethbridge..

Kari said...

Amazing header photo, as usual, Marilee! We have had rain, rain, rain, and I was just thinking this morning that if the temps were just 10-15 degrees colder, it would look here like it does at your house. Have a fun weekend with family-:)

Laurel Lee said...

NO

Dixie Dee said...

No, it's not alright with me either, I'm enjoying the heat and the thought of storms brings tears to my eyes!! Oh I guess it is November!! Love the photography Marilee!! :) :)

Dixie Dee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.