Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Day in Hawaii

So now you know why I haven't been posting for awhile. Most of you probably knew we were in Hawaii, but maybe not. We actually didn't go to Hawaii for Christmas. Clark graduated from BYU-Hawaii on the 17th so since we were there already, we decided to stay. It was what we had to do. It was the only thing to do. It was a must. It was, without question, the only true, right, and super correct thing to do. So we did it!


It was different though for sure, but really really nice. No tree, no snow, no Christmas morning cinnamon rolls for the first time in my 50 years of life. It was different. My kids missed the cinnamon rolls the most I think, and it's just a darn good thing that Christmas comes around every year or I would be in big trouble. We spent our Christmas breakfast with our good friends from California: the Moller, Cooley, and Mullin families. Two of the families had their boys return from their missions in October and November and have had this trip planned for months so it was fun that Clark happened to be graduating the same time. Christmas morning was the first time everyone was together to get reacquainted.

Christmas evening we all had dinner together as well. See the tri-tip? Very good cut of meat and apparently an American cut as well. You can't find tri-tip in Canada. If you ask a butcher, sure, he can cut a tri-tip for you, but to find it in Costco or the grocery store? you're not gonna find it so this was a treat for us.


Ahh, look at these boys. They grew up together in Newbury Park 3rd Ward. Seek, Clark, Russell, Shem, and Brad. Such handsome handsome young men!


We are just hanging out and having fun. Me, Kelly , Jolyn, Danece, and Allison (holding Kelly's baby girl, Charlie).


Jolyn brought along a bag of Christmas goodies for everyone. Leis, reindeer antler thingys, and jingle bracelets. It made the evening more festive and Christmassy.

All in all it was a very nice Christmas this year. It was different for sure, but nice to be together with family and friends. I have more to blog about, but want to spread it out a bit. You can understand that right?

Ok, listen up for just a second. I feel like I need to educate some of you on the finer points of commenting. It's not hard. At the end of the post you click on "comments" and then you choose an "identity". It is really very simple.

I'm just putting it out there.

HAPPY NEW YEAR from the Cahoons!

12 comments:

becca olsen said...

It was so great too see you guys! I just love your family!

Marilou said...

Very nice Lee lee. Can't wait for the next post...even though I have seen every single picture already. But who doesn't want to see them all over again? Because I do!

Kari said...

Hi, Marilee!

I saw you in a photo that Jolyn posted on her blog, so I knew you were there! I can't think of a better way to spend Christmas. Beautiful location, with family and friends. Nice header, too! You and Mark are so cute. :)

Kaylynn said...

I can't believe you didn't post a picture of Christmas breakfast. I love the new main pictures on your blog. We are tri-tip steak lovers, too.

USAUS said...

Loved the report of fun in the sun... and the photos of the kids together was great! These days are so precious and rare... savor them, for they do flee as our kids grow up! Love you ALL! Happy New Year!

Dixie Dee said...

Love the header picture too!! Oh I love the heat of Hawaii, much like you!! Fun to see the pictures and hear the stories, so glad to see and hear that you had a great time in Hawaii!! Ya Hooooo!! Tans are great aren't they? :)

Karen Wood said...

Great blog! A wonderful place to spend Christmas for sure. I didn't know you always had cinnamon buns for Christmas morning! Christmas morning was the only time in our growing up days that we had cold cereal. It was always porridge for us otherwise. SO Santa always brings our kids their favorite sugar cereal and thats what they eat. Not as exciting as cinnamon buns though!

mama jo said...

loved being with you guys...love your pics...we need to exchange...

Marilou said...

Testing out my new profile pic. Hope it worked.

Marilou said...

Ooops. I forgot to save it. Huh. It should work now.

Clark said...

Great times. I like the new picture of you and Dad on the beach.

Barb said...

Oh so cute! Just like you! I am still feeling a loss over your Christmas Cinnamon buns.