Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring Is Just Around The Corner

I know that Spring is close. Not because it is March. Not because the snow is melting, again. Not because there are flowers blooming. Spring is near because there was a sighting of something great and wonderful, right outside my kitchen window in my neighbors field. You guessed it. The gophers are coming, the gophers are coming. And watch out, the twins are gonna take that gopher hunting contest this year. Ok, well at least do better than 8th place. Whatever. The only girl team is gonna rock though, that's for sure.



Remember now, gopher hunting in these parts is a good thing. It is a necessary part of life here in the country. It's what Lou Lou and I can do to help this land repair and recover so the livestock can stay safe. It's what we gotta do for the environment. It's almost like saving the spotted owl, it's like..........ok, we do it for fun. And really, when Lou Lou uses her new pink gun she got for Christmas, how can that not be fun?

11 comments:

Mark said...

GET A JOB !#*@$... I can't afford the ammo
any more.

Dad said...

I'll bring some ammo up on my next trip. Go get em.

Marilee said...

Thanks Daddy! You know your priorities.

Dixie Dee said...

Just to let you know, I saw about 10 critters this morning! Ya you go girl!

Katie Wood said...

You guys are absolutely amazing! I love this! Ha and yes, I think Steven Tyler is perfect for AI. I too thought he was a little strange in the beginning but now...ha well there is just something about him!

Barb said...

I WANT A PINK GUN, I NEED A PINK GUN! Coolest post ever.

Marilou said...

I hope that my pink guns stuns the gophers when they see it pointing straight at them so I can really get a good shot!

You are so funny Mark.

Barb, do you want to shoot my pink gun? Because I would totally let you!

Daddy. It sounds like you are coming to see us!

Dixie. Stay away from the gophers! lol!

Laurel Lee said...

dad has an account now? hahaha he even used the little symbols to mask a bad word! dad..this summer you're getting your very own facebook page.

Kaylynn said...

Someone else told me they saw a gopher on Saturday so they knew spring was coming. I would never have appreciated the sign of the gopher before:) Good luck on the hunt!

Marilou said...

Love the fresh new look!

Jami and Rob said...

Wow, I am so impressed! I remember going gopher hunting, but I could never kill them, I just wounded them and then felt super guilty. For some tips, you might ask Tyson and Sterling - they used to get pretty creative:) I stole your blog address from Katie Joe, hope you don't mind. Mine is martinsenfamilia.blogspot.com