Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Greenfield, California is Green

After Bradley graduated we all got into the car and drove to California for a 6 day vacay. It was marvelous. It was glorious. It was sunny. It was warm. It was beautiful. It was fun. It was like home.

Greenfield is about 2 1/2 hours south of San Fransisco and 3 1/2 hours north of Thousand Oaks where we used to live. It is a small town of about 16,000 people. The reason they call it Greenfield is because there are fields of produce everywhere! In fact, Greenfield is the Broccoli Capital of the World but we saw mostly carrots and lettuce. Salinas is 1/2 hour north and it is the Lettuce Capital of the World and just about 40 miles north is Gilroy which is the Garlic Capital of the World. More on that little visit at the end of this post. Actually, I'm going to wait and make that my next post. Sorry for the teaser.


Perfect huh?

This is where we stayed for most of the time, above the three car garage. It is called a carriage suite and let me tell you, it was sweet. It was perfect for us. It had a separate bedroom with a full bath, a 1/2 kitchen and a full size living room. The kids just crashed on mats/sleeping bags and were pretty content for the most part. The day we arrived Michelle was planning a party with friends this summer and Laurel was thinking it would be a great place to live while teaching here. I could totally spend time here too.

Look how close to the fields we are. Mark, Laurel, and I went running a couple of mornings and it was perfect. I just put in my earphones, put a little Beyonce, Taylor, and top 20 in and I was in heaven. You can sing out loud when you are running amongst carrots and lettuce. Super fun!

Can't resist a picture of the American flag. Just a little something I saw while on my walk with Neal through the neighborhood.

7 comments:

Kaylynn said...

I can't wait until we can see green - and I don't mean money. Warm will be good, too.

Dixie Dee said...

OH How I long to see that kind of green and be that warm!!!!
Looks like a cute little house, and a neat place to be, sounds like a great trip!! Jogging amoungst greenery, cool cool!!

Clark said...

Greenfield does actually look cool. I'll look into moving there one day. Ha.

Marilou said...

That looks like a very neat place to visit. Whoever named that place was brilliant. Just say it like it is right?

I can feel (remember) the weather just by looking at the pictures .

Jami and Rob said...

Okay you take the most gorgeous pictures! Greenfield does look beautiful. It looks like you guys had a fantastic time. Congrats Brad!!

Laurel Lee Cahoon said...

let's go back?!

Christie said...

Jogging and singing among greenery, blue skies and dry, cool air. Doesn't get any better.....priceless!