Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Summer Days

Summer is just about over and that makes me sad. We've had a pretty nice summer this year and it is going to be hard to let it go.

Here are a few random pictures taken from the camera that popped out of the right back pocket of my Wrangler jeans while riding my father's saddle in my friends pasture(s). Yep, I went to take a picture of the cattle on the rolling hills with Old Chief in the background against a blue sky and low and behold when I went to fetch my camera from my right back pocket of my Wrangler jeans, it was gone. And the thing is, where do you even begin to look for a camera when you are in the third pasture of the day. My camera is gone forever!


Mini Chuckwagon races right in downtown Cardston.



Brent and Marge are our neighborly neighbors. Brent is a rodeo announcer and Marge is a super seamstress! I just love 'em.


We moved this nest from our garage door opener onto the window sill in our garage and the momma bird was still attentive.


Rio is a gopher catcher. She has her nose down the gopher hole. Crazy dog!


Laurel's 23rd Birthday photo. Love her!


Huckleberry picking on a ski slope. You pay 10 dollars, bring your own bucket and pick till your done.


Logan's Pass in Montana


The birthday boys.


Lou Lou and I didn't spend as much time together as we hoped to, but I'm sure we will make up for this fall.


I did a fair amount of riding this summer. I added about 50 hours to my riding hours and earned myself a 100 hour rocketbar to add to my 50 hour patch. I am enrolled in the riding club for AQHA (American Quarter Horse Association) and with that you get little "prizes" along the way. It's kind of fun actually. I'm always up for incentives.


Our 51st Birthday! I really don't like the way that looks or sounds. At. All.


The creek. "27" to be super exact. Long story. Short story. Sad story. "Goodbye "27". We have loved visiting you for generations but good things must come to an end." You know that song from the 70's? Why can't we be friends? Yah, too bad we can't all live in harmony when it comes to sharing the land.


Goodbye summer. It's been great this year and hope that next summer is just as good, but let's get going a little earlier than July. K?

7 comments:

Marilou said...

It's hard to know what to comment on because it's all good! But I love that picture of Rio. He is so darn cute!

Michelle Joyce said...

Fun post mom! And I agree with Lou Lou. Rio is DANG CUTE.

P.S I just opened the letter you sent down with Laurel. Thanks for what you said and I'll be sure to buy an ice-cream or frozen yogurt! Love you!

Barb said...

Oh I am sorry but I have really become a fall hater. Only because I am a summer lover. Great post I can totally relate to your bitterness over "27".

Kaylynn said...

I hope your new camera takes as good of pictures as the one you lost. It was a good weather summer!

Dixie Dee said...

Really fun SUMMER pictures! Summer can't be over, pleaseeeee! Love the family picture and way too bad about 27. Lots of different activites and all so fun, good for you Marilee!!

Kari said...

Well, I have to agree one hundred per cent on the "sad to see summer go" part!! Your family is awesome, thanks for posting the photos.

On being 51: I would feel sorry for you for a whole minute or even a minute and a half, if you both didn't look like you're twentysomething. Pleeeeaaase. :)

Christie said...

The bird and the dog pics are precious!