Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Halloween

I kinda think this is the first year we have carved pumpkins since moving here. I'm not sure the real reason for that, although I blame it on the move. I suppose it took me out of my rhythm. All holidays and celebrations have changed since July 2006. But thanks to Laurel we had a real Halloween Family Home Evening on Monday night. Pumpkin carving, roasting seeds, and root beer floats.


I have a new camera. Remember me mentioning that I lost my "less than a year old camera" in the pasture? My new camera (Cannon PowerShot ELPH 300HS) has some fun settings. This one above is the toy camera setting.


Neal and Laurel were very creative this year. It's a good thing we took this picture soon after carving because the next morning we woke up to a sad looking mummy pumpkin. Our dog chewed the pumpkin to pieces. We have a funny dog. Right when the pumpkins came home, and after Laurel walked in the door, Rio ate the stems off.



Neal is interested in logos these days as you can tell from his pumpkin carving. He has a friend whose dad is collecting old cars and having them crushed for money so Monday after VolleyBall practice he zipped up there to take off the vehicle logos. I have to admit this collection is pretty neat, hey Clark?

7 comments:

Marilou said...

That was a fun post. You're sure going to miss Laurel and her great ideas. And Neal, I saw your cool car logos yesterday and I would have collected them too!
The pumpkins turned out really cute and the seeds were really good too.
You are a fun family.

Michelle Joyce said...

Nope. Not jealous.

Clark said...

It's funny you mention my name about those logos. I was indeed thinking about how cool those things are. I'm glad I'm not the only collector of things in this family... Thanks Neal.

Christie said...

Your family is so cute and funny! Even Rio is a character!

Kaylynn said...

Good job on carving pumpkins. Thanks to Laurel for getting you back into your holiday traditions. Cute pumpkins!

Dixie Dee said...

Fun FHE for sure! Love the pumpkins and that Rio is a character n'est-ce pas? Neat logos too, can't wait to see what is next!!

Kari said...

Great pumpkin carving, Marilee! You can sure do some creative, fancy stuff with pumpkins.