Thursday, October 13, 2011

Kalispell 5k

I had another excuse to go to Montana. My second 5k. I'm not sure what part of the weekend was the most fun. The friends, having Laurel come this year, eating out, the shopping, singing to the radio, the hotel stay, the laughing, the run. It was all just plain fun.

Barb is missing :( She is our inspiration and running expert. Last minute she came down with the flu so of course she wasn't able to come. Laurel came instead to be our photographer.

See the lady to the right? She was in my sight pretty much the whole time. And you know why? Because I saw her walking at times and thought to myself, "I'm not gonna walk, I'm gonna run the whole way". At one point I saw her holding her side, and I felt bad that she had a cramp. She would run and I would see her walk a bit, then she would run, and then walk a bit. But then you know what happened? She beat me. And not by a lot. Maybe 20 seconds. Not a huge huge deal, but after I realized we were in the same age bracket and that the first 3 runners (I was 4th) in each bracket got a little something I was kinda disappointed. Had I known right I would have really boogied. So my next run, I have decided that whoever is in front of me, you know, in my real close proximity, I am going to sprint to the finish line.


The thumb is up, I did it again!

When this picture was being taken I thought it was cute that Laurel and I were sharing earphones, but looking at the picture it looks kinda silly.


It's hard to compare the two runs because the courses were different. Last year the course was flat and this year the course was not, but I am still happy with my time. I only added 1 minute. I was really surprised at my time because I felt like I was going so so slow at times, but then realized that I must have been going at a pretty good clip otherwise. I don't run outside, only on my treadmill with no incline at all. My thought has been that I just want to be able to run with not stopping but after this 5k I want to increase my speed as well, for next time. A friend of ours just qualified for the Boston Marathon so I think I'll pick his brain for some running tips.


I'm not sure what Kaylynn and I are doing, but clearly Dixie was the only ready for the photo and we had to get a picture with our 5k t-shirts.

8 comments:

Michelle Joyce said...

Fun post! Wish I could have been there, too. That would be a fun group to road trip with thats for sure. Too bad about not getting that prize. Next time!

Christie said...

Way to go, Leelee! You're inspiring.

Dixie Dee said...

Fun post Marilee! Love the "Thumbs Up" picture, you are doing great at the running thing! The company, and the party is what makes running a 5km worth it!! Thanks for a good time! :)

Kari said...

Marilee you are awesome! I can't believe you run, TOO. Great photos! Thanks for posting them. I need to post soon.

Susan H. said...

Good job!!! I love reading about your adventures!

Marilou said...

I like the picture of you and laurel sharing the iPod. I think it's very cute.

MLH said...

Most impressive... I can barely walk 5kms! Well done - you are are a champ in my eyes!!!

Kaylynn said...

You were so close to getting that third place ribbon. It is a good thing we are going again next year. Thanks for the fun trip!