Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Final Goodbye

Well, here it is.....the beginning of saying goodbye to Laurel for 18 months.
Clark and Laurel are going "in for the hug".


This is when I lost it.
Next time Laurel and Michelle are together Michelle will be married. I'm sad that Laurel won't be there for all of the fun and excitement of the wedding, but I'm so happy that Laurel is doing exactly what is right for her too.


Grandpa Hatch drove up from St. George to wish Laurel well.


From the hotel, to the car, to the curb........of the MTC.


Yes, another back seat shot. Clark said his goodbye's the night before because he had to work. Missed you Clark.


Love Laurel's eyes.



Two very happy girls I tell ya. Happy happy girls!


The hugs from her big brothers are really heart felt. I so love that they have both served missions as well.


"I LOVE the mtc. love it. mucho mucho. The first day all i kept thinking was how much I love the mtc and how much I love that I'm on a mission. It's great. It's already hard, but it's great."

"ok i love you all! the church is true! the saviour died for us!"
-Hermana Cahoon

9 comments:

Dixie Dee said...

AWESOME!! PERFECT!! WOW!!

mama jo said...

so hard, but what a great thing! good luck to laurel!

Kaylynn said...

She will be an awesome missionary! It is hard that she will miss the wedding - but blessings will come.

Christie said...

Lee Lee, your kids are such good kids. What a blessing they are to you and Mark! Looking forward to hearing about Laurel's adventures in the mission field. :)

Barb said...

Totally crying and I wasn't even there!

Jami and Rob said...

I seriously have tears in my eyes reading Laurel's comments because I sooo felt and feel that way about the MTC and about serving a mission. She will be an incredible missionary. So happy for her.

Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monkeys ARDently In Sinc said...

It is such a joy to get to "borrow" your daughter, while she waits for her visa! She has been such a blessing in our ward, and we'll really miss her when she leaves!
Oh, yeah, and you can check out my blog, and look for the photo I took of her and a companion helping me paint my fence, and then painting my shirt! She's so wonderful!