Sunday, January 26, 2014

Camryn Ray Bledsoe

Our very first grandchild is here. 
Born January 7, 2014 at 11:58 pm (aka 1/7/14)
3 weeks early. 
A good weight though. 6lbs 20-ish inches.
Camryn was breach which means her little legs do crazy things so it's a little tricky to measure her very accurately. 
Oh, and she was born by C section. 
Michelle is doing really well and loves being a mommy.

I have pictures on this post from all different sources.
My nice camera
My pocket camera
My iPad
Jordan's iPhone
Brad's instagram

Just a warning. I have lots of pictures!





First family picture.


Michelle's 1st mommy picture and......

my 1st mommy picture. 

Clark was the first family member to visit the baby. Lucky. 
 Mark and I drove down a few days later to Salt Lake and stayed for 2 weeks. Lucky.


My 1st grandchild instagram. I posted quite a few while I was in Utah and I didn't care because from all reports from friends and family a grandma can pretty much do what ever she wants when it comes to their grandchildren. 

 So we think for now that Camryn has Michelle's little nose, Jordan's mouth for sure and I'm thinking Jordan's eyes as well as far as shape goes. The color of her eyes is till up in the air. Her hair is  blonde and hopefully she will have olive skin colouring like Jordan and Michelle.  She is petite like Michelle was. Camryn is a real combo.  So far anyway.


 Yep, that is her foot peeking out of the blanket. 

 We didn't pose her. Because she was breach her little legs would do funny things like this. 

 and this. 
She was a bit jaundice (yellow face, pink feet) but it was cleared up in just a few days. 
See the pin pricks in her heal?  Oh, and see her 2nd and 3rd toe? How they are kinda oddly connected?  Just like her great grandma and mommy. Ok, like her grandma too. A bit. 

 Lots of digits going on in this picture. Clark wanted to get in on the action of dressing Camryn. 



 Just a natural pose for Camryn. 

Uncle Brad
Uncle Bwadwee

This is right outside Michelle's front door. So pretty.

 Jordan is going to law school at the U and lives only a couple of blocks away. 
Handy dandy for sure. He just walks to school.

 I tried to do some clever baby photography and this is about as creative as I got.  Michelle and I tried to do the cute poses like Allison but it was a no go. It is way harder than it looks. 



 Laurel is a school teacher. Look how cheery she is after being with kids all. day. long. 

 Sisters. 



 One of my favorite pictures.
Grandpa and Camryn



 Laurel and Michelle are trying to play puppets with Camryn. 

 She is just not interested.

 At. All. 

 Aunty Laurel
Aunty LoLo
Aunty Laurlers
Laurel is a hard name for little kids who have a hard time with "r's" and "l's". 


Our first Sunday in Utah we decided to go to church with Brad and Kelly in Springville. Even though they had been married only a month or two, they were called to teach the marriage class, family relations class, relationship class.  I don't know what the official name is, but I do know that they did a great job. 
Look how super cute they are. 

Kelly went to Salt Lake to visit the baby and do some eye lashes so I decided to hitch a ride to Provo with her afterwards and to visit Brad at work. (Mark was already down there checking in on our rental)
Brad wasn't too interested in getting his picture taken at his place of work. Weird, since it's his company. Who is gonna get after him?  Himself? 

 He has a partner, James, and things are just starting to pick up for them.
It's getting pretty exciting. 

Here is the call center with some stats written on the window. 
They are using some analytics from Kalood that Brad developed so it's been really fun for him. 

 James on the left. Brad in the back and then Nate. 
FYI Nate and Brad grew up together in California and Nate is the talented one who recorded the Christmas song that Michelle and Brad did for us a few years ago. 

 Every office needs a ping pong table. A stress reliever. 
Or is it so Brad can practice in order to beat Orlan or even his Aunt Karen?


 Me just being me. 
WrapMatch shares some office space with Kameleonz, a sunglass company. 

After the office tour we went to 180 Tacos for dinner. 
Tasty.

Ok. So this is the hotel we stayed at part of the time while visiting little Camryn and her mommy and daddy and Clark and Brad and Kelly and Laurel.  
It is the Peery Hotel and it's haunted. 
Supposedly.
We didn't hear anything, see anything or feel anything.  



 The elevator shot where "moaning Molly" hangs out. 
Supposedly.

Ok. I have to say that this bed was THE best bed I have ever slept in. 
It was a full on tempurpedic bed and man alive was it comfortable. 
This may have been an old hotel, but this mattress was to die for. 

 Mark is just telling me that there were no ghosts in the closet. 
Supposedly.

 Laurel lives in downtown Salt Lake City right behind the Capitol Building.

 In this cute house.

 Jordan has been waiting to get some time with Mark to talk about stocks.
It's a guy thing. 

We made a quick 24 hour detour to St. George to visit daddy.  
All was well. 
Man, I wished we lived a bit closer than 16 hours. 

 We try to visit my mother in Santaquin when we go to St. George.
She was a little quiet this time. 

 This is the old school in Santaquin that my father went to when he was a little boy, before moving to Cheyenne.
It is now a museum. I'm not saying my father old. I'm just saying that it is not used as a school anymore :)


 After the funeral of my mother in 2003 we all went to this family 
restaurant to have lunch.
This is another place we stop at when we visit Santaquin. 

 And this is why.
Scones. Big scones.
This picture doesn't come close as to how big this scone really is. 
It's ginormous.
 Oh yah, this place is haunted too. There was even a TV show about the hauntings.




 Hatch, Greenhalgh, Wall and Openshaw are big names in Santaquin and are all connected so our family feels a little kinship to this restaurant. 

 Clark has a cool job. 
He works at the World Trade Center in International Relations.
This is his office space.


He is showing us the conference room .


This is his office building which is right next to the food court at City Creek. 
Pretty legit.

 Can you tell this is a photo from Snapchat? 
Laurel has always wanted a red lipstick so she sampled a few and this is the one she chose.
I think it looks sooooo good on her. 
She looks beautiful!


Doesn't she look like Audrey Hepburn?  
I think so anyways even if nobody else does. 
Laurel is my movie star.

After the mall Laurel and I went on a little field trip. An excursion. A hunt. 
We found what we were looking for. Right in Salt Lake off of 1300 East is a little area where little people live. We drove in and we drove out. 
Nope, we didn't see anyone, but the houses were a little on the small side. 

 We then drove around the Avenues and came across the Salt Lake City Cemetery and you know how I love cemeteries. We thought we had better look for our ancestors and bingo, we found some. 

 He is Mark's 4th great grandpa and who Clark Reynolds is named after. 

This George Edwards C Cahoon is the brother to James Cordon Casson   
Here is the line-up
Reynolds Cahoon
William Farrington
James Cordon Casson Cahoon
George Edward Cahoon
Lervae Cahoon
Mark Cahoon

 I really love this picture. 





 Uncle Clark
Uncle Cwark
Uncle Cwak
Another hard name to pronounce for little kids. 





 Grandpa and Grandma LeeLee.  Those are our "names" thus far. 

 And baby makes three. 

 Aunty Kelly


Camryn loves having baths.  She really does. She doesn't gasp or fuss or anything. 


 All Michelle wanted was to be a mommy when she got married.  
She worked at Deseret Book in Salt Lake and enjoyed it, but there is nothing like being a mommy. 

 Shucks, this is a bit blurry so this might be hard to read. It's a weather warning from a weather channel. Read the last few sentences. Neal says they measure the speed on our hill. Maybe, maybe not, but we do live in Leavitt and we live on a hill over looking Leavitt to the west where the wind usually blows from so Neal might just be right. 
Glad we missed it and glad none of our shingles blew off. 

So, Mark has this little whistle that he whistles. When we were in Utah the girls wanted to know where this whistle came from. Mark said it was from the TV show, The Friendly Giant, he used to watch when he was a little boy.  The giant would whistle when he wanted Rusty the Rooster or Jerome the Giraffe. 
Laurel quickly went on her iPhone and pulled up an episode and bam! there was that whistle. 
And on that note, so to speak we were out the door heading home. 

 We had such a great time with our kids in Utah for the two weeks we were there. 
Neal was able to stay with his cousin Kaden which was so nice and I think they are still friends. 
We didn't intend on staying that long, but how could we leave any sooner not really knowing when we would be back to see little Camryn.  

So there you have it. A post on our first grandchild and she wasn't even suppose to be born until Thursday. 





11 comments:

mama jo said...

looks like a fantastic time....you did a lot in 2 weeks....the baby looks gorgeous....congratulations...grandkids are so much fun.....

Kirstine said...

Ah that's so crazy my little Camryn was born three weeks early and had to be born C-section! Congratulations! She is beautiful! Tell Michelle 'mommy' suits her!

MLH said...

I love the joy that emanated from this post Lee Lee.. being a grandmother is about as good as it gets after being a mom, a wife and well... being a grandma! ENJOY!

Now you know how hard it is to tear yourself away from Earthly Angels!

I have my latest Angel due for a visit in exactly 30 sleeps!

MLH said...

Joy Joy Joy!

MLH said...

There is nothing greater than being a first time Grandma... other than maybe being one the 11th time!

So loved the happiness in your narrative and the joy that is oozing from you... hard to leave them isn't it when their story is just beginning???!!!

I am now counting down the days until we get to see 5 of ours in February! Love being a Grandma!

Keira_W_Morada said...

Marilee!!!!! What a great trip!!!! Such cute, cute photos. Tell Michelle she picked one of my very favorite names. (I didn't really know about it when I was having kids. But NOW it's the BEST.)

I also didn't know that about "breech," it makes perfect sense for her legs to fold up naturally like that!

My favorites are Michelle in the hospital bed & baby, and then YOU with YOUR first, in the hospital bed w/baby. That was priceless.

And I also noticed that the first headstone you posted is so much like my parents', with a cool scene carved into it. (My mom is still living. Not Dad, in this world anyway :) )

This post made my day! Thanks for all the pictures.

Kari said...

(Kara had signed in with her Spanish name...? I think I just left a long comment under a made-up name. Sorry)

becca olsen said...

What a beautiful baby she is! Can't wait to see her someday and introduce her to all her boy cousins... she has a lot of them!

Marilou said...

I love how little Camryn's legs fold up!

And I love how Michelle lays on the floor looking her little baby.

And I love laurel's red lips!

And I loved all the pictures!!

Christie hunter said...

Lee lee, this is the BEST post ever!!! There are so many cute things about it. First, I love the 1st mommy puctures. Then, I totally get the movie star Laurel photos. Laurel is very chic....and a school teacher, too! ;) Little Cameryn's legs kept me in stitches!!! You and Mark continue to be ageless. Brad and Kelly are darling! The scenery is gorgeous! Oh, I miss the beautiful mountains. Your dad looks just as healthy and good as ever. What a warm, fuzzy post! Thanks for sharing all the joy. ;)

JillN said...

Camryn looks so little when is all cuddled up to her favorite mom/aunt/uncle/grandma, etc. I didn't even know you had such a haunted vacation. I wish you could have seen Molly the elevator ghost.
From Kaylynn