Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Years Day Fun

We have friends that are full-time ranchers. They raise, breed and sell cattle and horses. 
 It's hard work for sure.  
They needed to move horses from their place to another pasture for the winter and then bring back a herd of cattle to the house so I sort of volunteered to take pictures. 
Neal drove. I was in the front seat and Mark was in back.  My little Acura did just great roaming the hills of Mountain View. 
I have never done any fancy editing and didn't really think I would like pictures so edited, but because these are "western and cowboy" pictures I think the editing made these pictures even more fun. 
















 This is Mount Blakiston, the tallest mountain in Waterton Park. 

I like this photo for a few different reasons. I like the silhouette of the horse and Rock.  I like Old Chief in the background.  I like the cattle and their dog, Bess.  I like the barbed wire fence and the old fence posts.  I like the grass in the foreground.  
It's an interesting picture. 

 Father and son.



 Love the clear and crisp and the blurry.

I had no idea this rock had so much texture to it until I downloaded it.  Sometimes when you take close-ups you get little surprises. 

I loved having a chauffeur and company on my little photo shoot. 

5 comments:

Marilou said...

As Chris used to say 'back in the day'....."Holy Hannah"!

Wow, lee lee, those are such great pictures!! Love. Them.
Loved the color one of the horses "running" towards you.

Dixie Dee said...

Love the photography! You have the EYE for a good picture!
I think you can thank the wind for the fact you and the Acura could roam the hills of Mt View! (Baggy ole wind) ��

Dixie Dee said...

Love the photography! You have the EYE for a good picture!
I think you can thank the wind for the fact you and the Acura could roam the hills of Mt View! (Baggy ole wind) ��

Kaylynn said...

Seriously awesome photos - plus fun editing. Different New Years day party than in your old life.

mama jo said...

gorgeous!!